What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orford

So he is leading the Dally M's.

He is a good player. Grand Finalist last year.

Why is he not in Origin consideration?

You guys watch him alot more than i do..so whats the go here? is it simply bias against him or is there a legitimate reason the bloke isnt getting a look in?

Cheers

Because, unlike other players, he doesn't have his own personal fan club among those stupid, biased commentators like M and A. Johns, Laurie Daley, Ben Ikin, Paul Harragon and Gus Gould. Also, he doesn't have ADD loud mouths like Willie Mason talking him up at every opportunity.

What astounds me is the push for Brett Finch :lol: (Gould's latest hobby horse)

birdsofprey

Juniors
Wayne Bennett made a comment regarding the speculation about putting Karmichael Hunt as five-eighth for Origin instead of a player that normally plays in the halves ie. Scott Prince. He said "only NSW do that. Queensland wouldn't be that silly" or words to that effect.
I'm a NSW supporter, but I agree with what he is saying. I cannot understand the logic of putting Gidley in at half-back and Bird at five-eighth which seems to be what the media are suggesting will be the case. We have several choices for the halves which have all proved themselves in big games. I would choose Orford & Anasta. Both in good form and mature players. Why even discuss selecting players like Mullen, Carney & Mitchell Pearce? They will have plenty of opportunity to play origin in the future. The NSW selectors seem so scared of being embarrassed by losing another series that they'll try whoever has the most hype around them at the time.

Orford has never really had the chance at Origin level due to injury. And sure, Manly got steamrolled by melbourne in the Grand Final. What about all the other games leading up to it?! And so called experts were tipping Manly to be outside the top 8 this year! Monaghan was a big loss, but it doesn't seem to have affected the club too badly as they are one of the top four sides this year. Orford is a HUGE reason for this, and deserves a proper crack at Origin.

birdsofprey

Juniors
At least Gus wants to put a proper half-back in, and Gidley on the Bench as a utility. He's half right. I think there is a bit of nostalgia for Finch as he can kick a field goal:lol: But so can Anasta, and Orford for that matter.

lotti

Bench
So he is leading the Dally M's.

He is a good player. Grand Finalist last year.

Why is he not in Origin consideration?

You guys watch him alot more than i do..so whats the go here? is it simply bias against him or is there a legitimate reason the bloke isnt getting a look in?

Cheers
hopefully he is in Origin consideration, he could very well be after my little chat with the NSW coach last week but not really expecting Bellamy to take a biased fan's opinion seriously(he knows I'm a Manly fan as well), Orford should've shone brighter than Cronk did when Manly played Melbourne but he didn't and that might cost him.

lotti

Bench
Because, unlike other players, he doesn't have his own personal fan club among those stupid, biased commentators like M and A. Johns, Laurie Daley, Ben Ikin, Paul Harragon and Gus Gould. Also, he doesn't have ADD loud mouths like Willie Mason talking him up at every opportunity.

What astounds me is the push for Brett Finch :lol: (Gould's latest hobby horse)
and Daley's one of the selectors fingers crossed Bozo was in Ox's corner in the selector's room.

lotti

Bench
what the hell does Matt have to do to be the first choice half back for the blues? Bribe most of the selectors.

zombie jesus

Staff member
He's had plenty of chances to impress, he does well for Manly and brings them through the close games usually, seems to lose it when there is a big build up to a game though.

lotti

Bench
he didn't lose it rounds 6, 7 and last round Rep selection was being thrown around and he shone ok round 5 when he was infront of the NSW coach he played badly but I know he can play brilliantly he just needs to go into the bubble.

effnic

Bench
I think a full strength Manly can beat the blues with a clone brett stewart lol. Shocking looking team.

chileman

Coach
I think a full strength Manly can beat the blues with a clone brett stewart lol. Shocking looking team.
To tell you the truthy mate, even though I'm a proud NSW supporter, with that lot out there playing for us I'd prefer to see someone else play fullback for NSW instead of Stewart...selfish I know but I'd hate him to get injured playing with Goulds golden boys and miss any games for our beloved Manly!

Latest posts