What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and ElephantJuice in sport investigation part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
from May 2013

This next week is going to be huge.

Mark my words, charges will be laid within the next week.

from July 2013

Look if you keep saving all of my posts on your computer like I'm sure you do eventually some of what I say might end up sounding stupid.

But we will know what if any consequences will arise from all this in the first half of August. Now save this post and come back August 16th. I bet I'll be proven right. Answers, of whatever nature they may be, will be known in the first half of August.

This process is closer to the end than the start.

from December 2013

We are very close to showtime. Our long national nightmare is almost over. Today is judgment day. Any punishments to clubs will be handed very soon. Players will get it if they get it very early in January.

The sooner the better. This has dragged on too long.

February 2014

Judgment day is almost upon us. Our long national nightmare is almost over. Any and all responsible for wrongdoing are about to be punished severely.

Expect dozens of 12-24 month bans across both codes.

Oh dear. I was wrong once or twice, just like the media was wrong. But this time is different. The month of March (2014) is when it'll all happen.

The Ides of March was big for Caesar. I think you'll see that time (mid March) will be big for the Australian sport.

What is happening with Downes is separate to the matter of issuing infractions. The meaningless legal crap will be later. I really don't care about people going to jail. Equally I don't care about rich men suing other rich men and rich organisations.

The stuff that could affect the footy will happen in March. Infractions if any will be handed out in March.

May 2014

Sigh. You keep using my own words against me. The week starting May 19 or the week starting May 26 is when pieces will start to fall into place. Mark my words.

I think you'll find the month of May will be a big one in this investigation.

I think we'll know exactly where each club and each player stands by the end of the month.

The ball will start rolling in May. It's still May.

Major developments will happen before this month is out. I called it weeks ago.

stormbati

Bench
One of my best mates has been with ASADA for the last 10 years. He is an investigator. He obviously could never divulge what was going on, but on February 7th last year, he was sitting in my living room, saying categorically, that the ACC and the ALP had dropped ASADA fair in the shit for nothing more than political gain.

2 things he said were spot on - ASADA has been made the villain when they aren't and that Richard Ings is the biggest f**kwit he's ever had the displeasure of knowing.

Personally, I still have no doubt that Demitriou leaked it to Essendon to set the whole thing off.

Thanks for sharing that with us bro

some11

Referee
So you want this ASADA stuff to keep dragging on?

Literally the only time I'm reminded of this farce is when this thread gets bumped, the average punter has forgotten all about it.

I thought this happened at the start of the year only to read it was LAST YEAR before the season even started, what a joke :lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just heard on the radio that the new ASADA boss is keen to end this investigation soon.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dare say its in his pigeon hole as we speak.

I personally think its another load of bs. But at some point in time, ASADA will have to do some good, from a sales perspective, to try & get some respect back, especially from the athletes.

Canard

Immortal
Even if this timeframe was believable, and its not, the key part of his quote is
“In relation to Essendon

Which means as far as we know it could be months, years or decades before anything in relation to our code is resolved.

ek999

First Grade
They can slam the NRL all they want but it has nothing to do with them and they should stay out of it like they have. It was ASADA that charged him and if he needed some form of support he should go to the RLPA

And he complains about the charges being publicly announced. The rules state that as soon as you are charged you are provisionally suspended. What does he want the ARLC to do, release a press release saying "Sandor Earl has been suspended indefinitely for reasons which will remain undisclosed. We will make no further comment".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts