What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 1 - GAME DAY THREAD

Weaponhead

Coach
That’s about the size of it.
Though I wouldn’t say his kicking game was terrible, but it was decidedly average.

I’m disappointed for the guy, but he had ample opportunity to stand up and lead the team around. There were long periods of the game where they were utterly directionless. Sadly, that falls at Nicko’s feet.
Fair appraisal and probably close to how he will review the game.

He got very limited support from this halves partner who was OK but didn't step up either. Media raving about edge backrowers who missed 9 tackles or Tedesco who made several errors with tap ons that went nowhere. The narrative is all about Hynes failing. No nuance. No shared accountability. Just the Ricky Stuart mantra, the halfback, owns the result.

Craigshark

First Grade
Hynes was average, but honestly no halfback would have got the job done with 12 men for 74 minutes against that QLD team. Not Moses, not Cleary, not Hynes. Thought they did well to still be in the game with 15 minutes to go to be honest.

Harsh but fair. I pay that, gave me a laugh.
Moses come on down and win the series on the back on constant whining.
I think the sentiment in here is most don’t give a stuff about Origin, but we all still complain about it. Same old same old
But the difference in the complaining is more related to why certain players male the team and way the media go on about.
We don't get outraged when we lose

I hate that it drags players out of club matches
I used to get annoyed years back city v country and they had city v country 2nds and would back up next day.

To me origin is all about ratings it should be about making the Australian team

shadowboxer

First Grade
But the difference in the complaining is more related to why certain players male the team and way the media go on about.
We don't get outraged when we lose

I hate that it drags players out of club matches
I used to get annoyed years back city v country and they had city v country 2nds and would back up next day.

To me origin is all about ratings it should be about making the Australian team
Love the passion stake but seriously does anyone really give a crap about the international game?

Frenzy.

Immortal
HAHAHAHAHA

11 page thread full of people who claim they hate origin and have no interest in it.

Last edited:

dinghydi

Juniors
Hate is a bit polite mate....I f**ken despise the wankfest. Isn't helped by the fact it's on 9 either.
Honestly the NSW/ QLD bias from commentators is fine .... supposed to be what its about !
Its the NSW inter club bias for player selections that turns it into a farce !

Frenzy.

Immortal
My question is this. Does Maguire now morph into Fittler and make mass, panicked changes or does he back his original judgement?

Ozzi_78

First Grade
My question is this. Does Maguire now morph into Fittler and make mass, panicked changes or does he back his original judgement?
If the latter then would Nicho get a chance? Still say no.
If whingy mc whingeface gets the gig then I’m all on QLD by a similar margin.

Reactions: PJ

Frenzy.

Immortal
If the latter then would Nicho get a chance? Still say no.
If whingy mc whingeface gets the gig then I’m all on QLD by a similar margin.

I think it's a possibility that he gets another chance. His last 2 games have been Penrith and Qld. Both times his forwards and back 5s were neutralised, effectively taking him out of the game. He's had the experience of being a starter now and that may settle his nerves.

Moses will probably beat him out though on kicking alone.

DJDL

Bench
Someone mentioned somewhere a few days ago maybe Nicho should be on a media ban. I’m starting to think that’s not a bad idea.

His past two performances have been his worst.
Leading into the Panthers match it was all “what Indigenous round means to Nicho” and “will Nicho get picked”.

Before SOO it was “Is Nicho’s calf alright “ and “Is he ready to exorcise his demons from last year”.

Way too much head noise for him I reckon. He just doesn’t seem to handle being the focal point of attention.

Time to block that shit out and just concentrate on playing.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think Sifa may have played his way into Game 2 at the expense of Hardson Young.

Offers way more in terms of versatility. Can cover centre, backrow and middle and probably even 6 at a pinch. He's also been the form benchie in the game and grabbed a chance to impress as a starter last night. Jesse will be in the frame for Suali'i's spot too I reckon. I'd have him ahead of Micthell for defence alone

bluefox68

Staff member
I think Sifa may have played his way into Game 2 at the expense of Hardson Young.

Jesse will be in the frame for Suali'i's spot too I reckon. I'd have him ahead of Micthell for defence alone
I’ve been hoping for this, but didn’t want to be too much of a ‘homer’…

Latest posts