What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 1 - GAME DAY THREAD

R-15-3

Bench
Teddy and Yeo destroyed any attacking sets we had but are the golden children of the media and get off with very little criticism.

Past years iv been very critical of our half’s in origin but in hindsight with Teddy trying to be an energiser bunny and Yeo to slow no wonder they have all under performed on the big stage.

McInnes being given 4s by many in the media have no idea. He was our best middle imo. Defence was solid and plenty of quick meters and play the balls.

Frailty

First Grade
QLD = State over Club and Country.
NSW = Club and Country over State.

The concept of Origin was to weaken NSW and strengthen QLD so they could fairly compete. Having experienced Origin in both States - NSW is light years away from QLD. It is a cultural ingrained psyche from Lawyers to Tradies - everyone in QLD wears the colours.

This is a fact: If the 17 players that ran out for NSW last night grew up in QLD under the Origin history they would have smashed the current QLD team if they represented NSW.

Another point, QLD could select Jack the Ripper and the media up there would be 100% behind him, the NSW media do everything they can to tear down the NSW squad - at no point are they unified to say this is OUR Team lets give them our support. Always question marks over this player or that player.

It is an absolute shambles. I was just so delighted to see Madam Eye Lashes get smacked, the only shame was he didn't get to come out for a second round.
Yes and no.

Players like Jake Trbojevic and Liam Martin got gifted positions because of NSW media. Hell, look at the outrage when Tedesco wasn't picked when it was clear he didn't deserve the position anymore. But then after missing a game high 9 tackles, the SMH gave Liam Martin a 9/10 rating! Fox Sports gave Luai a 7/10 when he missed the same amount and didn't contribute to NSW attack.

Part of the problem - you have media members (or regular media contributors) in the selection team. NSW is made up of media favourites, not the best team.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Shortest era in history
Harsh but fair. I pay that, gave me a laugh.
Moses come on down and win the series on the back on constant whining.
I think the sentiment in here is most don’t give a stuff about Origin, but we all still complain about it. Same old same old

ragzouken

Juniors
We looked like headless chooks at times probs mostly on nicho but looked to be playing at a different speed to everyone, thought he got into his own head and went super risk free with his kicking and that was pretty poor

ragzouken

Juniors
As a fellow Umina boy I love Nicho but he's a fullback
Agree whole heartedly, not ready yet. he wants to be a 7 though and I reckon he’ll peak in another two years, tough position to learn but he seems to improve slightly every year.

I might be absolutely cooked and believe me I am but my player comp for him seems more like Cronk then anything, bit robotic

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Agree whole heartedly, not ready yet. he wants to be a 7 though and I reckon he’ll peak in another two years, tough position to learn but he seems to improve slightly every year.

I might be absolutely cooked and believe me I am but my player comp for him seems more like Cronk then anything, bit robotic
Nathan Cleary is a better Cronk. Not a natural just all hard work. Nicho does seem similar

Quicksilver

Bench
I’ve had enough the game is contrived……it’s not a sport anymore it’s all about f**king television.

It's a media cycle thing. All week they were preparing to bash Nicho. Now they have. Now they can talk about it for game 2. Boring.

I'm not sure why he shoulders the blame for being thrown in out of position in his first game, then he's meant to win a game with 12 players for nearly the entire match. All while the likes of Teddy are sucked off for completely terrible performances.

Dumb analysis followed by dumb selection. A self fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited:

sladden road

Juniors
It's a media cycle thing. All week they were preparing to bash Nicho. Now they have. Now they can talk about it for game 2. Boring.

I'm not sure why he shoulders the blame for being thrown in out of position in his first game, then he's meant to win a game with 12 players for nearly the entire match. All while the likes of Teddy are sucked off for completely terrible performances.

Dumb analysis followed by dumb selection. A self fulfilling prophecy.
Exactly.
It’s so f**kn rank.
Media is shit. The only thing they can really pick is the left for kick in the 5 th minute ..after that..no centre, no go forward, no structure but let’s nail .Nico.
Rubbish.
best take is lemon Horo on Levels.

When the mighties win I the next few years, I will go to 4 pines park and set a fire and get arrested I promised this years ago but was overseas.

Burn Holly wood , burn!!