What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORIGIN 1 - GAME DAY THREAD

coolumsharkie

Referee
Mate, I remember going to games and chanting that one. Also, the old "Steve Rogers is God" or whatever it was, banner.

f**k I'm an old merkin.
Yes, and the church going folk complaining about it, and the sign got banned. So then we sang ''Stevie Rogers walks on water, tra lala lalala" at games for a while. I also remember the old Western stand, metal scaffold, metal seats.

f**k I'm old too.

Remember they had a band that would play where the Southern Stand is now.

And the Shark Attack song that would be played after each Sharks try was scored.

Last edited:

coolumsharkie

Referee
Back in the 98-99 Ashes series I was drinking at the Bat and Ball with some Barmy Armies. We were giving each other light hearted shit and then they asked me the same line of questions.
I told them the Sharks, they asked what colour, I said predominantly blue.
Within 20 seconds they started singing

WE'RE BLUE,
WE'RE HARD,
WE'LL KICK YOUR F*%KIN ARSE.
WE'RE THE SHARKS,
WE'RE THE SHARKS!

Obviously it was a chant that was already from somewhere else but I knew no wiser.
I told them it was better than anything I'd heard for Cronulla

oh except "Stevie Rogers walks on water, tralalala lalalala"
Geez I wished I had of read this before my post haha.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Michael Gabreal playin under 19 origin starting in 30 min. Playing on the wing if you want a look at our future
Went ok for someone who hasn't played a game in a while, he had his thumb strapped so assume that's why he hasn't played since Round 10.

Not sure when he last played wing either.

That prop for the Blues went well. One to keep an eye on in a few years

Frenzy.

Immortal
Michael Gabreal playin under 19 origin starting in 30 min. Playing on the wing if you want a look at our future
Don't think that's an indicator. Casey McLean and Hayden Buchanan were the centres and are both elite players in lower grades. More like just the U/19s having the pick the best players anywhere thing going. Gabrael is a dead set centre long term.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Went ok for someone who hasn't played a game in a while, he had his thumb strapped so assume that's why he hasn't played since Round 10.

Not sure when he last played wing either.

That prop for the Blues went well. One to keep an eye on in a few years
Which one? The 124 kg prop or the 121 kg prop. Geez this kids are big

R-15-3

Bench
Don't think that's an indicator. Casey McLean and Hayden Buchanan were the centres and are both elite players in lower grades. More like just the U/19s having the pick the best players anywhere thing going. Gabrael is a dead set centre long term.
100% a Center, was just talking about having a look at him.
Very quick off the mark looks very comfortable in defence.

Latest posts