What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 1 - Townsville (Wed 09 June 2021)

hindy111

Post Whore
Origin ruins the round before. It also makes this round a little patchy with sides resting guys. I honestly do not feel it should be played mid year. End of season 3 weeks in a row would be perfect.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Er.....nope.
Grant is a more complete attacking player but his defence is suss, he missed 8 tackles Wednesday night. For someone who defends in the middle it’s a pretty big deal, why do you think Martina has been playing him off the bench behind the Cheese???

I wouldn’t swap Rheedy for him.

strider

Post Whore
Origin ruins the round before. It also makes this round a little patchy with sides resting guys. I honestly do not feel it should be played mid year. End of season 3 weeks in a row would be perfect.
big danger game for the Pennys tonight ..... sharks might do em

hindy111

Post Whore
big danger game for the Pennys tonight ..... sharks might do em

I think they will. People have hyped up Burton like he is A.Johns. I am sure he might be one day but at present he is not in same calibre as Cleary. Last week his kicking game was atrocious and so was his game play. Kept fishing for big moments. He has killed it in centres. But many would in that side.
MAY is barely NRL level imo. Api will help I guess.

strider

Post Whore
I think they will. People have hyped up Burton like he is A.Johns. I am sure he might be one day but at present he is not in same calibre as Cleary. Last week his kicking game was atrocious and so was his game play. Kept fishing for big moments. He has killed it in centres. But many would in that side.
MAY is barely NRL level imo. Api will help I guess.
I'm tempted to change my tip to the Sharks .... where is it being played? might be the difference

84 Baby

Referee
Grant is a more complete attacking player but his defence is suss, he missed 8 tackles Wednesday night. For someone who defends in the middle it’s a pretty big deal, why do you think Martina has been playing him off the bench behind the Cheese???

He got hyped up massively last year but he has glaring weaknesses and his strength is reliant on his teammates doing their jobs/opponents not doing theirs

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I was just pinging Bandy’s cheese.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Cleary and Turbo are the best players in game. Latrel isn't far off.
A fit Ponga and adding B.Hunt makes a big difference too QLD. So does J.Papali.
Its a shame that we haven't neither been able to buy or develop a player of their class.

I see potentially Manly winning the comp ahead of us. With a fit squad, they're ahead of us.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its a shame that we haven't neither been able to buy or develop a player of their class.

I see potentially Manly winning the comp ahead of us. With a fit squad, they're ahead of us.
They are the only team outside the Top 4 with a chance. Might want to tighten up their defence though. It’s looser that @TheRam’s coight after a Bones on Bones session....

Gronk

Staff member
Cleary and Turbo are the best players in game. Latrel isn't far off.
A fit Ponga and adding B.Hunt makes a big difference too QLD. So does J.Papali.
If Luai and Cleary were both on the market (and you could only afford one), I reckon most clubs would want the 6 over the 7. Cleary is stable, methodical and keeps the team humming, but Luai has all the trick shots.

Turbo can turn a game and score 3 tries in 20 mins and then do it again next week. Teddy is close to that, but does not get the chocolates. Daylight third, fourth, fifth etc because none are in the same class..

hindy111

Post Whore
If Luai and Cleary were both on the market (and you could only afford one), I reckon most clubs would want the 6 over the 7. Cleary is stable, methodical and keeps the team humming, but Luai has all the trick shots.

Turbo can turn a game and score 3 tries in 20 mins and then do it again next week. Teddy is close to that, but does not get the chocolates. Daylight third, fourth, fifth etc because none are in the same class..

Lol....You perhaps do not understand footy. Ever watch NFL? TOM Brady was never flashy. He couldn't run. But is the GOAT. The reason is he controlled everything. Modern day halves play a similar role. Your flashy guys don't work without a master to steer them around. Luai alone would be average. Nathan wins games by writing the script. His kicking game is one of best I have seen. He also nails goal kicks under pressure from everywhere and kicks field goals under pressure. He is a winner. I can see him being dominant for 10yrs

Gronk

Staff member
Lol....You perhaps do not understand footy. Ever watch NFL? TOM Brady was never flashy. He couldn't run. But is the GOAT. The reason is he controlled everything. Modern day halves play a similar role. Your flashy guys don't work without a master to steer them around. Luai alone would be average. Nathan wins games by writing the script. His kicking game is one of best I have seen. He also nails goal kicks under pressure from everywhere and kicks field goals under pressure. He is a winner. I can see him being dominant for 10yrs
Keep your shirt on T-Rex. I didn't say that Chin Boy was a bad player, in fact I think I complimented his talents. I was very impressed with Luai's SOO game and I reckon he is extraordinarily skillful and has surpassed Luke Keary as the best genuine 6 in the comp. (Somehow I don't see Munster as a genuine 6, but he is the Kangaroo 6 every day of the week if fit.)

Gronk

Staff member
Media before origin: Please don't go crazy with penalties - you'll ruin origin !

Media after origin: NRL are hypocrites ! They should have sent that merkin off !!!!!

Latest posts