What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

The best halfback nsw have is albert kelly.....kelly is gonna force his way in soon.

Not while Daley is the coach, and Pearce is breathing.

Daley is the reason Pearce was selected all those years ago. Daley was one of the NSW selectors at the time Pearce debuted. The whole 'rationale' for choosing Pearce was to 'blood new talent' and to 'choose key players and stick with them'. This approach was deemed the way to go due to the fact that QLD had been having such good results with the same players, year after year.

Where the rationale falls-down, is that NSW don't have players of the caliber of Thurston, Lockyer, Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Slater to choose from. It's fine to do like QLD does and stick with players when the players you are sticking with are amongst the best on the planet. It is not a good strategy when you are sticking with the likes of Pearce, Creagh, Gidley and a few other knuckleheads.

Daley announced that Pearce was going to be the NSW number 7 before the first round of this years competition. He is adamant that Pearce is the only one in contention for the 7 jersey. All the discussion about other choices for number 7 are irrelevant solely because Daley doesn't want anyone else in the jersey but Pearce.

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
My side after City Country:

1. Brett Stewart - still quality if not then I would go with Hayne.
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jennings - can he play on the right?
5. Uate.
6. Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds - fantastic kicking game today.
13. Paul Gallen
12. Bird
11. Luke Lewis
10. Tamou
9. Farah
8. Tim Grant

14. Gidley - I don't want to pick him but let's face it he will get picked
15. Watmough
16. Merrin
17.Ryan Hoffman

boonboon

Juniors
Stewart
Hayne
J Morris
Jennings
B Morris
Maloney
Pearce
Gallen
bird
Lewis
Tamou
Farah
Mason

Merrin
Watmough
Woods- need at least one prop on the bench
Gidley

Hoffman deserves a spot but I'm not sure who misses out as the bench is too small without woods

Stewart
Hayne
J Morris
Jennings
B Morris
Maloney
Pearce
Gallen
bird
Lewis
Tamou
Farah
Mason

Merrin
Watmough
Woods- need at least one prop on the bench
Gidley

Hoffman deserves a spot but I'm not sure who misses out as the bench is too small without woods
:lol::lol::lol:

HowHigh

Coach
Uate had a good game today and seems to be positioning himself better when defending lately but I wouldn't put him ahead of Hayne or Stewart to shuffle the team.
I think Reynolds might need one more year before origin but I'd still rather him in the team ahead of Pearce..

Stewart
B. Morris
J. Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Maloney
A. Reynolds

Tamou
Farrah
Merrin
Bird
Lewis
Gallen

Watmough
Gidley
Woods
Grant

Wonder if they'll Creagh again this series lol..

KiamaSaint

Coach
Uate had a good game today and seems to be positioning himself better when defending lately but I wouldn't put him ahead of Hayne or Stewart to shuffle the team.
I think Reynolds might need one more year before origin but I'd still rather him in the team ahead of Pearce..

Stewart
B. Morris
J. Morris
Jennings
Hayne
Maloney
A. Reynolds

Tamou
Farrah
Merrin
Bird
Lewis
Gallen

Watmough
Gidley
Woods
Grant

Wonder if they'll Creagh again this series lol..

I'd be happy with that but I think Daley will go with Pearce unfortunately. Those calling for Merritt inclusion, lol.

Special K

Coach
Stewart, Hayne, Jennings, J.Morris, B.Morris, Carney, Maloney, Tamou, Farah, Grant, Bird, Lewis, Gallen

Merrin, Fifita, Watmough and Gidley. I'd pick Mason to be 18th man for morale, team building etc. Maloney played 7 most of his jnr career... Hoffman is unlucky but I'd prefer to pick some big boppers for this.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Stewart, Hayne, Jennings, J.Morris, B.Morris, Carney, Maloney, Tamou, Farah, Grant, Bird, Lewis, Gallen

Merrin, Fifita, Watmough and Gidley. I'd pick Mason to be 18th man for morale, team building etc. Maloney played 7 most of his jnr career... Hoffman is unlucky but I'd prefer to pick some big boppers for this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fifita get a run

Agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Fifita either, but Carney, please I would prefer Pearce.

Jason Maher

Immortal
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. James Maloney
13. Trent Merrin
12. Paul Gallen
11. Greg Bird
10. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
8. Aaron Woods

14. Tim Mannah
15. Tim Grant
16. Anthony Watmough
17. Luke Lewis

Would consider Reynolds in place of Maloney, but I think Maloney has a slight edge in terms of experience and having played in a GF. Also like Wade Graham, Andrew Fifita, and Ryan Hoffman. One of them in for Mannah maybe, shift Merrin to prop. I like Brett Stewart, but for mine Jarryd Hayne has to be our fullback. Proven Origin performer and is able to turn a game. I'm certain Pearce, Gidley, and Creagh will all be auto-picks as usual though.

Spot On

Coach
Uate is not the bloke you want under the high ball in Origin. He will not be picked. Not only that but he still isn't ripping in when defending his line. Jorge Taufua would be next in line after Morris and Hayne.

rabbitohs95

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tim Grant
15. Willie Mason
16. Luke Lewis
17. Trent Merrin

Tweed Titan

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Paul Gallen (c)
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Tim Grant
15. Willie Mason
16. Luke Lewis
17. Trent Merrin
So Glenn Stewart's comeback match will be game 1? :lol:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
1. B. Stewart
2. A. Uate
3. M. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. J. Maloney
7. M. Pearce
8. J. Tamou
9. R. Farah
10. T. Grant
11. G. Bird
12. L. Lewis
13. P. Gallen

14. K. Gidley / J. McCrone (someone who can cover hooker as well as halves)
15. A. Watmough
16. T. Merrin
17. T. Grant

timka4

Bench
1. B. Stewart
2. Hayne (left)
3. Jennings (left)
4. J. Morris (right)
5. B. Morris (right)
6. Maloney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen (c)
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Bird

14. Mannah
15. Woods
16. Merrin
17. T. Sims

No better team

Unlucky - Hoffman, Tolman

KiamaSaint

Coach
1. B. Stewart
2. A. Uate
3. M. Jennings
4. J. Morris
5. B. Morris
6. J. Maloney
7. M. Pearce
8. J. Tamou
9. R. Farah
10. T. Grant
11. G. Bird
12. L. Lewis
13. P. Gallen

14. K. Gidley / J. McCrone (someone who can cover hooker as well as halves)
15. A. Watmough
16. T. Merrin
17. T. Grant

If we are going to clone a forward, let's clone Paul Gallen.

Latest posts