What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Dragons Rated

gregstar

Referee
Bailey - i thought man of the match! came on when nsw were under pressure and had an impact straight away! made good yards all night 27 tackles, 2 offloads, 18 hitups, 159 metres
Ryles - stood up early in defence (unusual for him), made an error when offloading whilst being driven towards the in-goal, but should have had support.
26 tackles, 1 offload, 13 hitups, 94 metres
Gasnier - solid, try, nothing flashy, too good in defence for opponents
Cooper - solid, nothing flashy, too good in defence for opponents

Booyah

Bench
I thought Cooper and Gasnier were very quiet actually. They didn't see alot of ball.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bailey was awesome.

Booyah, I thought Nutley was a standout in a losing side. He should have been in the Qld side before now.

gregstar

Referee
i'd also like to duck-squirt some nutella over every poster in a particular forum who absolutely gave it to bailey after game one!

he turned in one of the best performances you could ever hope to see from a prop forward in origin.

gregstar

Referee
if gaz & coops aren't the aussie centres, then i want wayne bennett to coach saints

Saint 60

Juniors
Wheres Charlie Saab and his...Petro will kill Ryles sh*te ---
and his Lockyer stuff...did Darren play tonight?
Did Petro play?

Saints players looked great in a much better side :)

---------------------------------------------

Ahhh footy - if only the Govt would rack off....
we might let Qld merge into NSW heheheh

Biglance

Bench
Willow said:
Bailey was awesome.

Booyah, I thought Nutley was a standout in a losing side. He should have been in the Qld side before now.
willow who was the Live Updater for the game he or she gave bailey man of the match

da_sharks

Juniors
gregstar said:
Bailey - i thought man of the match! came on when nsw were under pressure and had an impact straight away! made good yards all night 27 tackles, 2 offloads, 18 hitups, 159 metres
Ryles - stood up early in defence (unusual for him), made an error when offloading whilst being driven towards the in-goal, but should have had support.
26 tackles, 1 offload, 13 hitups, 94 metres
Gasnier - solid, try, nothing flashy, too good in defence for opponents
Cooper - solid, nothing flashy, too good in defence for opponents

i must say i like the way gasnier and cooper play together, there consistency is outstanding, love to have a player like gas on our side.

ryles....:lol: :lol: :lol:

bailey did well. king should have had man of the match, third n.s.wealshmen to score a hatrick in an origin game.

Ribs

Bench
I knew Id come in and see Ryles copping some from sharks morons.....

In that early period, he got through a load of quality work, which was mentioned several times during the game.

Nutley played well, but apart from 2 good runs, he got smashed.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That's a secret biglance. Oh what the heck it was me. lol

I really thought he played out of his skin. When the match was in the balance early on, Bailey came on and just steered NSW northwards. I don't like looking at stats as they can sometimes be misleading. But I afterwards I had a look at Bailey's figures and they were impresssve and backed up the opinion that he was at least very close to being man of the match. A number of other forwards deserve huge wraps as well but there can be only one.

To my way of thinking, the crucial period of the match was midway through the first half, after NSW had soaked up the early punishment. There were a few players who started to lift during this period and coming up to half time... and imo, this was what won the match for NSW.

A lot of people wanted Matt King to be MOTM. He had a great match but I don't subscribe to the belief that wingers should automatically get awards just for scoring tries. Thats what they're in the side for. The platform was clearly laid by the blokes doing the hard yakka up the middle of the park... and out of them, I thought Bailey was the best in an excellent pack.

drake

First Grade
Bailey came out and had an absolute blinder. I'm hoping we'll see that kind of performance from him now his future is clear.
Ryles played very well as well.

Nutley is the only QLD forward that can hold his head up IMHO.

Gasnier and Cooper did well considering they were starved of ball.

borat

Bench
Ribs said:
I knew Id come in and see Ryles copping some from sharks morons.....

In that early period, he got through a load of quality work, which was mentioned several times during the game.

Nutley played well, but apart from 2 good runs, he got smashed.

Nutley is a huge part of the reason QLD got smashed. The bloke makes one big run and one big tackle. Looks great on TV but for the other 79 minutes of the game he is either struggling to get back in the defensive line gasping for air or sitting on the bench. Stuart picked athletes in the forwards and Hagan picked 10 minute men.

How badly did Lockyer play? Infact all series he was sh*te. Anyone who thinks he has a stranglehold on the Australian 5/8th position should think again after this series. IMO he is a far better fullback.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Lockyer made 9 missed tackles. Baz would make that in a year. Lockyer is a fantastic player but Baz is by far a better 5/8. Lockyer might have a slightly better attacking game but BAZ absolutely SH#ts on him in defence.

Crocker was terrible. He cost QLD the game if anyone. Too many cheap shots and stupid penalties.

Johns created all the tries so I can't see why he does not get a mention as Man of the Match. People expect to much from him IMO. He was the difference.

borat

Bench
You reckon Lockyer's attack is better? All Locky brought to last nights game was a second phase pass to Bowen which failed eveytime and a cross field bomb. I don't reckon they ever looked like scoring until it was all over.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Slippery Morris said:
Johns created all the tries so I can't see why he does not get a mention as Man of the Match. People expect to much from him IMO. He was the difference.
He was certainly in the top five. But again, you need the pack going forward to create the opportunities. Johns didnt have much to do later in the match and even came off with 15 minutes to go.

Latest posts