What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Halves

Bigfella

Coach
Just a thought, with plenty of speculation over the NSW halves, my two cents worth:

7. Robbie Farah
6. Jamie Lyon

with Cooper, King, Tahu, Grothe the 3/4's.

Thoughts?

I reckon Farah is one of the form players of the comp, and the best dummy half in the game. But Buderus will start and with NSW lacking playmakers in the halves I think we should fit him in as much as possible.

He plays a percentage of each game there for the Tigers and it is the only time they ever look like scoring points TBH.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gower is laughable too

Can't see the selectors going into an Origin game with no proven playmaker whatsoever...

They MAY pick Farrah on the bench imo (I would) as the utility sub (ie, halves or hooker)

Phillips

Referee
Gower is not good enough to start origin at halfback... i prefer him as a hooker off the bench if anything..

tahu wont play

i'd have: 1. Stewart 2. Hayne 3. King 4. Cooper 5. Grothe 6. Lyon 7. Orford/Mullen

Buderus will be hooker.. even though i wouldnt have him there...

Farah on the bench

V1er

Juniors
there goes that idea then.

id have orford at half and either hornby and gower at 5/8. really says that nsw are struggling in the 5/8 department.

shiftysmith

Juniors
in my eyes farah is one of the most underated players in the nrl,he is brillant out of dummy half he reads the game as good as anyone...