What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Halves

Pazza

First Grade
mullen also has a bright future

cant believe how far ahead of us queensland have gone in a halves

Kimmorley should be a walk up. I don't care about a couple of bad games in the past, he is the best and most experienced half NSW have at the moment.

5/8 is a different story. We really don't have much there, unless you consider Anasta. I'd consider Gower, but also if you want to blood a rookie, throw in Carney.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Just a thought, with plenty of speculation over the NSW halves, my two cents worth:

7. Robbie Farah
6. Jamie Lyon

with Cooper, King, Tahu, Grothe the 3/4's.

Thoughts?

I reckon Farah is one of the form players of the comp, and the best dummy half in the game. But Buderus will start and with NSW lacking playmakers in the halves I think we should fit him in as much as possible.

He plays a percentage of each game there for the Tigers and it is the only time they ever look like scoring points TBH.

My two cents?

Tahu is lucky to be playing First Grade at the moment, to be honest. He's done nothing to really show us why he should be chosen ahead of New Zealand superstar Krisnan Inu.

Besides, Tahu's wimpering off to Union and Inu will be a huge part of our title defence next year.

sooperdooper

First Grade
the 7 will be one of these 3 in my eyes...orford,kimmorley,gower
the 6 could be either of the 3 with anasta or even holdsworth getting a run
nsw are lacking in the 6

Bigfella

Coach
I think Anasta is a big show at 6. Farah could provide that slightly more creative edge at 7 to accompany him.

I think Preston is playing super footy but they won't pick him in the halves. His club coach has found a niche for him at 1 precisely so he won't have to play in the line in defense. Plus rep coaches notoriously avoid smaller men.

Gower and Kimmorley just come up with so many mistakes. I'm not sure either of them is playing well enough ATM, although Kimmorley's form is certainly improving.

I guess K Gidley would be a chance at 6 but I think he is more likely to get a bench spot.

And the point about Tahu to Union is a good one; I guess Hayne would be a great chance to get his spot. I think Merritt misses out for the same reason as Campbell.

Whats got me wondering is why everyone is mentioned Matt Orford, when the guy thats replaced him since Round 1, aside from Thurston, is the form halfback in the competition?

Bigfella

Coach
My perception of orford has been that he takes a while to settle in to a new team and to play with new players.

I think rep selectors have tended to think this way too, so maybe he could miss out again.

As others have said, he has been in better form in previous years and still missed out.

Bigfella

Coach
I think that is a chance, amte, but gee I hope not.

I would prefer

7. Farah
6. Anasta or Lyon

any day.

Bigfella said:
I think that is a chance, amte, but gee I hope not.

I would prefer

7. Farah
6. Anasta or Lyon

any day.

theres no way id put farah at 7. Tigers tried that last year and he is 1000000000 times better at hooker.