What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin Halves

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont see how Jamie Lyon at 5/8 is a good selection, theyre gonna be up against Thurston and Lockyer, and Lyon is more dangerous out wide in the centres. It just shows how weak NSW is in that position. It would be interesting if he was up against Hodges.

Ben Hornby would be a better 5/8 option.

Pazza

First Grade
1.minichello
2.King
3.cooper
4.lyon
5.Grothe
6.Campbell
7.Orford
8.Bailey
9.Buderus
10.Kite
11.Hindmarsh
12.Mason
13.Ryan

14.Farah
15.Watmough/Gallen
16.O'merley
17.Ryles

caylo

Bench
pazzaeel said:
7. John Morris
6. Brett Finch

That has to be the best combo :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

I think we might see something like

6. Finch
7. Gower

and im not kidding, finch might ride parramatta fortune, thats if he isn't dropped before hand from our first grade team. Hornby would be another option, so would anaster but other than that there is no experiance players, and the dragons and easts are struggling right now. Other options Carney (radiers struggling to), Holdworth (inexperianced and not like the dogs are firing). The only other real options are sutton(lock), Kidley, and Campbell (both playing fullback) if you were to pick players 'out of possition'.
Have a feeling that Finch will make it, for some reason.

caylo

Bench
NSW teams:
Minichello (stewart)
Grothe
King
Lyon
Hayne
Finch
Gower
OMealy
Budderous
Bailey
Hindmarsh
Mason
Ryan

Farah
Hoffman/Watmough
Simpson
Ryles

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's 0 chance that Orford makes the NSW team.

He hasn't been picked for years when he was playing damn good footy, very little chance he'll get picked now...

I think Lyon SHOULD partner Cooper in the centres --> but I have a feeling they'll select him at 5/8. And he's a good player, but he's a 'draw and pass' man, not an instinctive reader of the play, so that would be a huge mistake...

I don't know WHO will get picked! But in the absence of someone standing up and saying 'it must be me' I think they'll throw Gower in there at halfback and Hornby at 5/8.

IMO there is no way Gower should play Origin this year - he tries hard, but the natural flair has just never been a part of his game in the halves...

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Bigfella said:
Just a thought, with plenty of speculation over the NSW halves, my two cents worth:

7. Robbie Farah
6. Jamie Lyon

with Cooper, King, Tahu, Grothe the 3/4's.

Thoughts?

I reckon Farah is one of the form players of the comp, and the best dummy half in the game. But Buderus will start and with NSW lacking playmakers in the halves I think we should fit him in as much as possible.

He plays a percentage of each game there for the Tigers and it is the only time they ever look like scoring points TBH.

and who's going to organise the team?

Y2Eel

First Grade
isnt tim smith from the goldcoast area lets just say he's from tweed head played his first senior football down here so he can play for NSW then...

Y2Eel

First Grade
7 Gower
6 Ian Hindmarsh All Finch did was kick a field goal so Ian's a shoe in..

Pazza

First Grade
why is no one going for campbell? he has to be the most creative player nsw has

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pickings are pretty slim, Qld are blessed with a heap of halves. When a guy like Prince will be struggling to get a game says it all.

V1er

Juniors
I think carney will be nsw 5/8 within a year or 2. Dont think he's quite ready just yet.