What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: A test of bias

Would Gall of made a difference in SOO 1 if he'd played?

• Other (post opinion here)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
If Gallen was the only change....no.
He would have worked hard, tackled anything that moved, done the hard yards and bashed the Qlders, but with 12 other powder puffs & out of position players it wouldnt have made a difference.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree QS.

He could of ran for 200mtrs, made 50 tackles, 5 offloads, scored a brace of tries, chip kicked for a Hayne try and beaten the Pope at backgammon and he would of made no difference

I'm glad he wasn't a part of that.

azzah72

Bench
Essentially agree, Gallen might of helped a little but we were dominated in the forwards and the halves had no time.

Lots of dodge calls but.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
I agree QS.

He probably is too....
Reading todays tele, it isnt even a wake up call for Bellamy & the selectors....
One thing we've been guilty of is making a lot of changes and hopefully we won't do that," Bellamy said.

I thought they were the most talented team that I had coached in Origin, to be quite honest.
WTF??? If thats the best then nsw are in big trouble...!!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r-battered-blues/story-e6frexnr-1225871801070

Quigs

Immortal
Agree with the above.

The only way that Gal could of made a change to last nights results were if he had run through at the 10 minute mark and took off Lockyers Head. The resultant decapitation had then hit Thurton causing extreme concussion.

Fair dinkum the time that Lockyer had and the way he just orchestrated the game for the conditions.

Hit the front..... keep the blues down their end ....

Queenslands laughing.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Or at least some creativity, still I voted yes because there was absolutely NO sting in our D last night, it was pathetic. They wouldnt scare the Coolum Colts A reserves.

Surely

Post Whore
Gallen 13 and bird 6 together would of, then lyon could have gone to centre with jennings on the wing gidley f**ked off and hayne to fullback.

jc155776

Coach
Did NSW put on decent tackle on or have ANY forward barge over the advantage line for an extra 5 or 6 metres??

Seemed like a submission-a-thon

DJShaksta

First Grade
I agree QS.

He could of ran for 200mtrs, made 50 tackles, 5 offloads, scored a brace of tries, chip kicked for a Hayne try and beaten the Pope at backgammon and he would of made no difference

This.

Since 73

First Grade
It makes no difference how good the other 16 blokes are - if you go into a rep game with Kimmorley's game you will back peddle all night.

Morris is the leading trysrorer in the NRL, yet he didn't touch the ball last night.It was just a procession of watmough, ennis, Gidley and the anchor playing ad lib on top of hayne touching the ball whenever he feels like it.

Why pick centres if they're only there th defend.

Why not put backrowers out there.

Would Gallen make a difference.

To the maroons he smashed - yes.

Change the result - No.

Gus's agenda was working well last Sunday on the Roast when asked was gallen hard done by.

Gould said he doesn't know where he would play him as he, 'runs all over the field trying to offload and smash blokes. he even gets into dummy half.'

Amazing the negative spin he put on it.If the same question had've been asked of one of his pets like Watmough he would've said, 'he should be the first guy picked - he runs all over the field trying to offload and smash blokes. he even gets into dummy half.'

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
Yes he would have made a difference. He wouldn't have won us the match with the other out of position and weird selections, but I would have gone to bed a bit happier that there was 1 bloke in the forwards trying to intimidate and at least stinging in defence.

cityshark

Juniors
Gal makes a diference in every game he plays! Ok he could have cost NSW the game by clocking a QLD player and being sent off. Would have been worth it tho.
Seriously , we just did not have the halves to match QLD or a fullback and centre to match Inglis and Slater. Great performance by them tho.

carcharias

Immortal
If he played on the wing he may have saved a few tries.
..even with 3DHDTV and a gazillion replays the refs still get it wrong.

stolen ball by them... they score
Knock on by us...we score.