What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: AFL commentators

silverex

Bench
Watching Western Bulldogs v Swans on 7 Mate while waiting for NRL to start.

The commentators are so biased against the Swans it is truly unbelievable.

Half way through the 4th quarter, Swans leading by over 6 goals and they say, 'The Bulldogs have given them a good run for their money!'.

Everytime the Dogs go on a run or score a goal the commentators cream their pants. They make Hadley sound good.

Now Swans by over 40, 3 minutes to go. No excitement by commentators at all.

Dogs kick a goal to make the difference 35 which now makes the score 'respectable'. Just gotta laugh.

64 Dragon

Coach
Silverex, I heard the commentators were biased. It is on every time the Swans play. It is diabolical.

(I don't watch AFL. I just heard about it.)

Go the Swans. Oops.

denis preston

First Grade
I think it is more of a case of trying to talk it up for the viewers.The swans opposition had a red hot go & in a weekend of upsets it looked like going that way. The Swans did get the rough end by commentators & umpires years ago when they were not fashionable but they are such a good side ( with great club culture ) they have the respect to get a even run. As for the other forum comments , why can't you support more than one red & white team ?

64 Dragon

Coach
Yeah, that's what I reckon. Red and white for ever. (or just red - Ferrari, Manchester United, Holden, etc.)

Minh

First Grade
That's because the Swans are belting teams 50 plus on the regular, they are a great team which all Sydney siders should be proud of, good stuff.

inside_pass

Bench
Sorry,have tried watching it in the past and still can't work out how people can sit through that and actually think its entertaining?

league

Juniors
Didn't watch the game so I dunno who the commentators were, but Dennis Cometti is by far the best commentator of any major code we have in Australia.

Centimeter perfect

Sorry,have tried watching it in the past and still can't work out how people can sit through that and actually think its entertaining?

I agree. It's a terrible game to watch on TV. So messy, it is sometimes embarrassing to watch grown men scramble for the ball on the ground like that.

Watch it live tho and it's a different Story.

...um, so I've been told.

Seriously tho. i cannot sit through a thoccer match. Now THAT'S boring!

Love the crowd, but the game itself, I can't appreciate it. It's because I can't respect the players.

64 Dragon

Coach
If you want a pure red soccer team, then Liverpool comes before Man Utd!

Been supporting Man U since I was a kid and Dennis Law, Pat Crerand and Ian Moir played for them. Can't change now.

Oh yeah BFD, Holden is the Aussie version of those cheap Italian cars.

The Preacher

First Grade
If you listen to the Swans games on MMM they favour the darling Swans as much as Melb. callers do the Vic. sides.

"Good old Collingwood forever"

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So you support AFL do you?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Monday night football sucks, it robbed me of chance to be there tonight. Will have to head down to Father Ted's favourite pick up joint and see if I score a counter meal.

The girls down there still ask after you Father. They know you don't support AFL.

Father Ted

First Grade
Monday night football sucks, it robbed me of chance to be there tonight. Will have to head down to Father Ted's favourite pick up joint and see if I score a counter meal.

The girls down there still ask after you Father. They know you don't support AFL.

You'll have to show where that is ? That girl I met who moved from Peakhurst was a honey..

Latest posts