What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

T.S Quint

Coach
Very early but what teams can win it? Seems fairly open at the moment but certainly a lot just making numbers.

Early favourites seem to be Chiefs (of course), Dolphins, Eagles, Cowboys and 49ers.
Cowboys may have dropped off the radar a bit after last week's loss to Arizona, but they still have a great team and we will have to see how they rebound. The injury to Travon Diggs has probably hurt their chances a bit, but their defence is still top tier even without him.

Miami has shown to be an absolute force on offence. How their defence holds up might be the issue. And also if Tua stays healthy.

Philly has beaten a pretty good team in Minnesota, just got past an ok Patriots team, and handled Tampa easily.

Chiefs are the Chiefs. Their offence may have gone down a notch this season, but their defence has gotten better and they still have Mahomes. And Taylor Swift now as well, it seems.

Niners have been chugging along against no major threats. The Rams played pretty well against them, but in the end the Niners' took complete control of the second half and the result was never in doubt. Big test will be against the Cowboys in two weeks, but hopefully they don't get ahead of themselves and concentrate on the Cards this weekend. They played very well against the Cowboys and we don't want to slip up in the same fashion.

I'd like to see what the Bengals and Bills can dish up over the next couple of weeks. I think they will move up into consideration after a bit of a slow start.

hindy111

Post Whore
Chargers for me might be a side who can fire. Always start slow. Jags I thought would step up also but doesn't look good currently.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Chargers for me might be a side who can fire. Always start slow. Jags I thought would step up also but doesn't look good currently.
My brother is a chargers fan.

He doesnt believe the coach is good enough to win them anything.

I reckon he will be under the pump especially after the playoff meltdown to the Jags last year.

T.S Quint

Coach
Still very early in the season.
Long way to go yet. Injuries may start playing a part, if they haven't already (Rodgers, Diggs).

jk13

First Grade
bills v miami will be interesting. niners and cows the week after. also find it interesting how the old eagle oc has got the cards travelling. atm he looks like a genius

Pazza

First Grade
bills v miami will be interesting. niners and cows the week after. also find it interesting how the old eagle oc has got the cards travelling. atm he looks like a genius

The defensive coordinator Jonathan Ganon... that's one hated individual in philly lol most people blame him for the SB loss

hindy111

Post Whore
Bills impressive
Funny how Bellichieck was the greatest coach ever untill he lost the GOAT and now just looks like a plodder of a coach. Maybe Brady made him look good. Pats are woefull.

T-Boon

Coach
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish had are 5 and 1 with a heartbreaking loss to Ohio State. It is wide open this year. Georgia do not seem as dominant. Bama seem crap on O but again excellent on D. Texas, USC or Michigan could be entitled to favoritism.

T.S Quint

Coach
Poor Jets. Can’t catch a break.
Wilson finally has a half-decent game and he still loses to Mahomes who had a shocker.

Josh Allen looks like good Josh Allen again, not the not-so-good Josh Allen who shows his face occasionally.

I did say last week I wasn’t sold on Miami because of their defence. Yesterday showed why. That was just plain awful.

Niners cruising again. Cards did ok at times but just couldn’t put enough good drives together on offence, and couldn’t stop Niners on defence. Christian McCaffery has had his cheat code turned on. I’m really hoping he gets through the season injury-free because he is almost unstoppable at the moment. He’s on track to be in the MVP running.

Haven’t watched any of the other games yet.

T-Boon

Coach
I don’t have the time to pay attention to college football.

Just way too much going on there.
It is on a sunday - what are you in church all day?
I don't get how Australians are able to watch NFL. Don't people work Mondays.

T.S Quint

Coach

I’m usually doing stuff with my partner and kids on Sunday.

I don’t actually work on Mondays, so NFL works out well for me. Although even when I did work on Mondays I just watched the games when I got him in the evening on Game Pass.

Speakimg of which, I will admit that DAZN has definitely improved its quality over the past few weeks. They still have issues with buffering when skipping ahead, and I’m not a fan of the 30 second skip ahead button (as opposed to the 10 second one GP had). You try to skip to the next play and it’s already over. 10-15 second slip ahead button is where it should be at.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I have a mate who gets up at 3 o'clock Monday morning to watch the Packers then goes to work after the game

jk13

First Grade
nine day fortnights and working from home, it feels good baby. just sprinkle some DAZN in

T.S Quint

Coach
Hard being a Chicago fan.
You team gets into a position to potentially win the game, or at least get in front with a field goal with very little time left on the clock…and they blow it.

Why go for the first down on 4th and 1 in field goal range? Take the shot, go three in front and trust your defence to hold the Broncos out.

T.S Quint

Coach
nine day fortnights and working from home, it feels good baby. just sprinkle some DAZN in
More people working from home these days, I’d say the ratings for the NFL have increased over that time.

I’ve got mates who have a tv set up next to their computer so they can watch the games while they work.