What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

King-Gutho94

Coach
Alriiiggghhht Miami!

I might have to put Kayo back on after all. Lol.
There looking good. I know they have started at least 3-0 multiple times previously in the past decade and a half.

But this team looks & feels different.

They look well coached & Tua is finally looking like an elite QB.

Fixed up there D this week.

Boston is always a tough road trip even with no Brady.

Belichick doesnt let teams just run through them at home.

Eelectrica

Referee
There looking good. I know they have started at least 3-0 multiple times previously in the past decade and a half.

But this team looks & feels different.

They look well coached & Tua is finally looking like an elite QB.

Fixed up there D this week.

Boston is always a tough road trip even with no Brady.

Belichick doesnt let teams just run through them at home.
This year feels like the best chance Miami has had in years.

We've got two premier WR's in Hill and Waddle this year. Waddle though is going to want the big dollar contract soon so he will be lost possibly next season. Tua playing in his rookie contract, if he has the season we're hoping for is going to want to paid as well which will bite into the salary cap.
Schedule isn't too bad either.
Eagles - tough
Chiefs - tough
Cowboys - tough
Ravens - Who knows how Lamar will be at that point in the season.
Bills - Hope we can at least split the series there.

Rest doesn't look too bad if we don't do something stupid like lose to the Giants or teams on the lower end.

JokerEel

Coach
Just to butt in watching the replay of Miami and The Pats..

Why can't nine or fox be this professional, the score , downs and yards clearly in bottom middle of screen. Commentators talking about players in offence and defence.

Is it because our commentators are just plain dumb?

Refs mic's up explaining calls.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This year feels like the best chance Miami has had in years.

We've got two premier WR's in Hill and Waddle this year. Waddle though is going to want the big dollar contract soon so he will be lost possibly next season. Tua playing in his rookie contract, if he has the season we're hoping for is going to want to paid as well which will bite into the salary cap.
Schedule isn't too bad either.
Eagles - tough
Chiefs - tough
Cowboys - tough
Ravens - Who knows how Lamar will be at that point in the season.
Bills - Hope we can at least split the series there.

Rest doesn't look too bad if we don't do something stupid like lose to the Giants or teams on the lower end.
They only have 5 more away games left. With 9 home games

Kansas city away game is in Frankfurt, Germany so they avoid Arrowhead Stadium is a big plus.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"We finally have a decent quarterback!" they said.

"It's been a decade since the Raiders had a decent general!" they said.

Garoppolo is poo.

T.S Quint

Coach
Haha

I would like to think there isn't any Dallas cowboys fans on here.

Seeing as they are the Roosters of the NFL - Rich & Glamour franchise

Dallas fans are the type to get hyped up over a 1 point win over the Texans, and then declare themselves SuperBowl-bound.

They actually have real reason to be excited and have high expectations this season.

It's quite unfortunate.

T.S Quint

Coach
In saying that, I was pretty hyped about the Niners after round 1.
Round 2 brought me back down to earth just a a bit.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Dallas fans are the type to get hyped up over a 1 point win over the Texans, and then declare themselves SuperBowl-bound.

They actually have real reason to be excited and have high expectations this season.

It's quite unfortunate.
Yeah having been to Texas last year including Fort Worth/Dallas they are definatley a different bunch in Cowboy Town.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I haven't watched the Raiders this year yet.
What's happened to Jimmy?

He's Derek Carr mk II - great short accuracy, average medium accuracy, and though he has a big arm, his deep accuracy is trash.

The Raiders make the Eels look like a slick, professionally-run club.

T.S Quint

Coach
He's Derek Carr mk II - great short accuracy, average medium accuracy, and though he has a big arm, his deep accuracy is trash.

Don't forget that he's also as brittle as a china cup. So there's that at least.
I will argue that Jimmy is better than Carr. Maybe not as talented, but he's more consistent. He will have some poor games, and he is good for an interception almost every game, but he isn't the worst QB out there. All depends on the team he has around him (like most QBs really).

The Raiders make the Eels look like a slick, professionally-run club.

If you said the Tigers this might carry more weight.
We had a shit season this year, but the Eels are in no way an unprofessionally-run club anymore.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't forget that he's also as brittle as a china cup. So there's that at least.
I will argue that Jimmy is better than Carr. Maybe not as talented, but he's more consistent. He will have some poor games, and he is good for an interception almost every game, but he isn't the worst QB out there. All depends on the team he has around him (like most QBs really).

If you said the Tigers this might carry more weight.
We had a shit season this year, but the Eels are in no way an unprofessionally-run club anymore.

I hate Derek Carr. He's a bum, and he held us back for years.

I was so stoked to see the back of him.

Now we have a more injury-prone version of him running our offense - great!