What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

jk13

First Grade
Epic clashes on Monday, can’t f**king wait. Niners to chase arod all day. Pack missing key players. Hope chargers and raiders get it done

T.S Quint

Coach
Epic clashes on Monday, can’t f**king wait. Niners to chase arod all day. Pack missing key players. Hope chargers and raiders get it done

FFS!
Our Defence needs some major work. Injuries are killing us once again but those defensive plays used in that final 30seconds was dumb. Not liking the new DC. Pass rush is t getting enough penetration.

Also the O-line is having a hard time with run blocking and also giving the qb enough time. Too many drops from the receivers and Jimmy is off target a bit too often.

There are major issues going on here with the Niners...and we still almost won. Work out some of the kinks and should do ok. First things first...let’s get some DBs who don’t give away PI penalties every time there’s a deep ball.

T.S Quint

Coach
I am liking the Seahawks losing though. Might try to get a chance to watch that game timing I can.

Would be pretty funny if they finish last in the division. I’m sure it won’t happen (will probably be the Niners 😢) but surely this is the toughest division in the nfl.

hindy111

Post Whore
I am liking the Seahawks losing though. Might try to get a chance to watch that game timing I can.

Would be pretty funny if they finish last in the division. I’m sure it won’t happen (will probably be the Niners 😢) but surely this is the toughest division in the nfl.

Is it the toughest?
Denver,Oakland,Chargers,Kansas is a great group. All 4 are genuine finals teams.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is it the toughest?
Denver,Oakland,Chargers,Kansas is a great group. All 4 are genuine finals teams.

Rams, Niners, Cards and Seahawks would all be playoff teams in other divisions. Can you see any of these teams having a losing record?

hindy111

Post Whore
Rams, Niners, Cards and Seahawks would all be playoff teams in other divisions. Can you see any of these teams having a losing record?

Early in season so let's see. Rams are my pick followed by Cardinals. But anyone could win division and not suprise.
I think Kansas and Chargers are very good sides but early season firm isn't great.

T.S Quint

Coach
Early in season so let's see. Rams are my pick followed by Cardinals. But anyone could win division and not suprise.
I think Kansas and Chargers are very good sides but early season firm isn't great.

Yeah it’s early in the season and injuries can play a part. We’ve already been hit with some serious injuries after the first two weeks which will affect us going forward.
Raiders and Broncos are two teams I wouldn’t be counting on just yet. Denver has been awful for a while now and Raiders can be wildly inconsistent. I wouldn’t putting the AFC East in the best division category just yet over the NFC East.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah it’s early in the season and injuries can play a part. We’ve already been hit with some serious injuries after the first two weeks which will affect us going forward.
Raiders and Broncos are two teams I wouldn’t be counting on just yet. Denver has been awful for a while now and Raiders can be wildly inconsistent. I wouldn’t putting the AFC East in the best division category just yet over the NFC East.

Denver and Oakland have imo been building a strong squad slowly now. I'd be surprised if they aren't atleast 8 or 9 wins.

hybrideel

Bench
Raiders will not be doing too much unless they fix up their first quarter efforts. outscored 21-5 and Carrs completion percentage in first quarters is abysmal

T.S Quint

Coach
Had a look at the KC vs Chargers game.
I’m not goi g to read too much into that one. Hard to gauge how good LAC are when KC played so abysmally. So many turnovers! I doubt they will play that poorly again.

T.S Quint

Coach
Also had a watch of the Seattle/Minnesota game. Only the 10min highlights but enjoyed it thoroughly. Might give it another go and watch the whole thing if I have time.
I just love watching the hawks get beat.

jk13

First Grade
must win against the hawks this week. if jimmy goes bipolar again, surely trey gets a decent chance to do a whole drive.

T.S Quint

Coach
must win against the hawks this week. if jimmy goes bipolar again, surely trey gets a decent chance to do a whole drive.

I’d like to see how he handles it. I’m all for Jimmy getting the starting spot because he’s got the experience and has a very good win rate when he’s on the field, but Trey is a very interesting prospect that we could certainly utilise a lot more as the season goes on.

jk13

First Grade
Yeah u can argue that jimmy reads the defences better, but even when he does he barely escapes pressure with his life.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Raiders will not be doing too much unless they fix up their first quarter efforts. outscored 21-5 and Carrs completion percentage in first quarters is abysmal

I'm far from Carr's biggest fan - I've been a detractor of his for some time -, but he has been brilliant to start this season.

It's a shame that the receivers he has to throw to are bums.