What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT. Americas Cup.

Blair

Coach
Meh, yanks or kiwi defectors are bigger enemies than Aussies in sailing.

We haven't always been the good guys either. Remember the high farce on the low seas, Michael Fay's big (ego) boat getting burned by Connor's cat.

We lost fair and square in Freo then didn't have the class to go with tradition and wait for the next round of challenges in four years time. Talk about tacky upstarts, it was one of the worst excesses of the yuppie 1980s.

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Against Dirty Den?
Sailing didn't mean a thing against the USA's team of lawyers.
Good on them for challenging the old boys club.
God Dennis Connors was the ugly face of sport.

Blair

Coach
Against Dirty Den?
Sailing didn't mean a thing against the USA's team of lawyers.
Good on them for challenging the old boys club.
God Dennis Connors was the ugly face of sport.

While we're onto villians, can you refresh my memory on San Diego 1992, the Challenger Finals with the Italians' El Moro (?) and a 'dodgy' spinnaker?

I'm a real 'Cuppie' this weekend, on the bandwagon for sure! Lose, and I'll be over it in twenty minutes. Win, and I'll be ringing my other cuppie mates.

Rich102

Staff member
Too busy concentrating on replays of the Australian challenger snapping in half.

Rich102

Staff member
Go you good things!
One win away from the Cup.
Peter Burling stuck one up Spithill at the start of race 2.
Next thing Oracle will lodge a protest against Team NZ's boat.
Russell who?

Blair

Coach
Inspires the Warriors this weekend, I hope!

America's Cup just OK for me these days. I peaked in '95.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Great effort, far too good.

But it was a bit like whipping someone 40-12 in league, would have been more fun if it was a real battle.