What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Asada

Tigers Tale

Juniors
So now that the NRL has fined the Sharks a million bucks for breaching their obligation to the safety of their players (using pep tides) I can only assume they did this because there was a preponderance of evidence to support their finding.

If that is the case it is therefore safe to assume Shark players have taken banned substances? If the players have, either knowingly or not, they have none the less benefited from illegals substances.

So do people think players will actually be banned by ASADA. As I say, the fact the NRL has fined the club the NRL must feel, on the balance of probability, there was enough evidence to dole out a fine. It may make for interesting times. Imagine if someone critical to their team like Paul Gallan was to receive a two year ban.

What do people think will happen now? There is obviously a lot of comments on the Sharkies forum but I will be interested to see the final outcome...interesting times ahead for them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, it doesn't mean that they have taken ElephantJuice. It means that they employed bad risk management strategies regarding the treatment of their players.

One of the other issues was that Elkin i think is not certified or professionally acknowledged in the field of giving injections to players.

NRL has no idea if players have taken ElephantJuice, because NRL doesn't test players for ElephantJuice.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Why is a Sharks topic in the Tigers forum?

I guess that is a fair enough question Ron's Mate...I just thought it was topical and as there isn't too much taking place with the WT this off season I thought I'd ask the question as to what people thought of the subject. Also thought if I asked the question of the Sharkies site I'd be call a troll etc etc. Still footy related.....

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I guess that is a fair enough question Ron's Mate...I just thought it was topical and as there isn't too much taking place with the WT this off season I thought I'd ask the question as to what people thought of the subject. Also thought if I asked the question of the Sharkies site I'd be call a troll etc etc. Still footy related.....

I think probably the NRL topic forum is a safer place to question and offer opinion on the subject than the WT forum. Certainly would get your head bitten off in the Sharks forum.

When I commented on the Storm salary cheating and penalties I did it on the NRL forum rather than the Storm one. I still got attacked by some Storm supporters but had similar opinions offered and support from other forum members from differing clubs.

I expect this will be similar situation Sharks think penalty over the top whilst others pretty much support penalties. Suspect penalties may not be finished yet as ASADA still to declare their hand with penalty.

magpie4ever

First Grade
ASADA don't hand out penalties, they advise the sports governing body regarding the issuing of infraction notices to individuals.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
No reason why we can't have threads like these in here. Anything to promote conversation is always good.

I suggest in the future if you want to discuss a non Wests Tigers issue, anything at all, start the thread title with OT

For example, OT - Asada.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
No reason why we can't have threads like these in here. Anything to promote conversation is always good.

I suggest in the future if you want to discuss a non Wests Tigers issue, anything at all, start the thread title with OT

For example, OT - Asada.

Cheers...