What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football Mk:2 - The Ultras Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hibs have been singing "glory glory to the Hibees" since the 50's. What is it? A f**king top of the pops where you change your songs every game?

phantom eel

First Grade
So, where are all the Serbney FC fans tonight?

Suity
Silent protest?

Protesting about what that Wanderers alleged bigot allegedly said perhaps:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/brendon...abbas-couldnt-stay-silent-20140313-hvibs.html

Brendon Santalab's sledge revealed: Why Ali Abbas couldn't stay silent

Date
March 13, 2014

This next sentence isn?t particularly pleasant, but it needs to be said to explain why Ali Abbas detonated as he did last Saturday night.

?You [expletive] Arab, Muslim, [expletive].?
Wanderers should have stood him down after the game for an immediate inquiry, if he was found not to have said anything he could be legitimately playing again this weekend, rather than playing under a cloud and bringing shame on his club and adopted region. The Wanderers certainly don't represent me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Your'e a f**king merkin.

Well that's very offensive. You could at least have included the other parts of my identity instead of just reducing me to a 'f**king merkin'.

I am also a White Presbyterian. Why leave out those facets of my identity? I am very proud of them.

#[expletive]WhitePresbyterian[expletive]

phantom eel

First Grade
How did the Wanderers go last night? Is Sydney still sky blue, or whatever? Any silent protests or fan incidents this week?

phantom eel

First Grade
Some thoughts from the fans at http://www.westsydneyfootball.com/topic/5408-gun-shy-wanderers-draw-with-reds/:

Seeing the RBB back in Parra stadium after a derby is somewhat of a letdown though. RBB fill the much larger away bay at SFS each time (and seemingly aren't blow-ins, given they participate in the choreography), and just half that number would see the RBB home end full each game.
Don't tell me the RBB has bandwagoner fans too? Where's the 'passion'?

I would say the crowd is partly due to the weather, partly due to GWS and the Eels playing, partly due to people with memberships not bothering to turn up again and also partly due to the fact that people are starting to realise we are one of the more dull teams to watch.
Wanderers/A League dull? No way....

Our corners look like a child kicking a balloon.
So they played about as good as the Eels then.

To me the problem going forward was Satalab. He was pretty annonimous tonight with only one shot in the whole game.
Fancy that, the alleged racist who shouldn't have even been playing was the main problem?

- Hate seeing empty seats, especially the RBB I only 1/2 full with nearly two full bays and two half bays at the edges empty wtf???
Sounds like the RBB might have had a silent protest? Despite the weather, where's the 'passion'?

loved the march to the stadium.

when we turned the corner onto victoria rd, with the rain at its heaviest, it just made me want to sing louder.
But on the other hand, it's people like this are probably responsible for jacking up my medicare levy.
I thought it was a decent crowd as well considering the weather.

The sign said "Compelling Lies, Still no reply?"

I thought it was a waste of time. Whatever.
I didn't even know what compelling lies they were referring to there seems to be so many trivial issues these days :eek:

Was disappointing to see that the RBB section of the ground is very light on and thin these days. In fact both Southern and Northern ends is where the missing crowds seem to come from.
Is the RBB disappearing up their own arse with these insular TIFO banners?

Status
Not open for further replies.