What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

84 Baby

Referee
Yeah comparing an amazing miss, that has happened at higher levels too, to the f**kups with team kits and taking a team to a completely wrong ground is f**ken dumb

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't ever want to hear anyone complaining about an NRL ref or the bunker again.

So, as you all know, this following tackle is a straight red for the Wanderers player after VAR intervention and he gets 3 weeks.

1708314194673.png

Marko Rudan goes on a rant in the post match presser about inconsistencies in refereeing and cops a 3 week sideline ban.

Then, the following tackle happens yesterday. AGAINST the Wanderers.
Just a yellow. Not even checked by VAR. Diving in with both feet off the ground.

1708314509132.png

1708314582679.png

The RBB got it right yesterday.

1708314704696.png

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't ever want to hear anyone complaining about an NRL ref or the bunker again.

So, as you all know, this following tackle is a straight red for the Wanderers player after VAR intervention and he gets 3 weeks.

View attachment 84322

Marko Rudan goes on a rant in the post match presser about inconsistencies in refereeing and cops a 3 week sideline ban.

Then, the following tackle happens yesterday. AGAINST the Wanderers.
Just a yellow. Not even checked by VAR. Diving in with both feet off the ground.

View attachment 84323

View attachment 84324

The RBB got it right yesterday.

View attachment 84325

I think referees in all sports are terrible, tbh.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Terrible - nah.
Inconsistent - yes.
The A-League refs are pretty bad though.

Well, I mean, the Superbowl that we just had was a great demonstration of how terrible referees can be.

As was the officiating in our 2006 World Cup campaign.

I do agree with you that A-League referees make things up as they go.

I'm not even convinced they know the rules, themselves, at times.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well, I mean, the Superbowl that we just had was a great demonstration of how terrible referees can be.

As was the officiating in our 2006 World Cup campaign.

I do agree with you that A-League referees make things up as they go.

I'm not even convinced they know the rules, themselves, at times.

They know the rules.
Their interpretation of the rules is what is the problem. They are all different referee to referee, including the VAR.
Prove me wrong from the photos above.
What is most disgraceful is that the A-League stand by them regardless of how inept and wrong and inconsistent the decisions continue to be made.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They know the rules.
Their interpretation of the rules is what is the problem. They are all different referee to referee, including the VAR.
Prove me wrong from the photos above.
What is most disgraceful is that the A-League stand by them regardless of how inept and wrong and inconsistent the decisions continue to be made.

I'd didn't watch that Wanderers game, but from the screenshots... I'm flabbergasted that one player got a straight red for an innocuous tackle, and the other got a yellow for showing his studs, and attacking the player's ankles... I just don't understand how they can be so incompetent... Or corrupt...

JokerEel

Coach
I'll say it till I am blue in the face there should be 1 person in the bunker for all games in the NRL. The same for all games

The A league could have the same as well as they only have 6(I assume) games a weekend.

That way you keep the VAR or Bunker calls the same across all games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Referee f**kups are a dramatic (and very exciting) part of the game. They increase the fun, unless they mostly benefit the favourites and disadvantage the underdogs. Do they mostly favour the favourites? I wouldn’t believe any sports fan who claimed he knew the answer to that one. Maybe the CSIRO can do a study.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've never suggested that the referees are corrupt.
I have however suggested that they are hopelessly incompetent.
I stand by that statement.

No, I know.

The corruption was my thought, because holy crap - the disparity between the two punishments is so great, that it really makes me think there is something Sinister at play.

It's most likely incompetence, but you never know.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Still billion worth of playing talent up against some kids

Thats a pretty big band waggon you're on, so many f**king scousers in this country.

I played in a cricket team a few years back and the whole team was into the EPL.

There was one Villa fan, I follow Spurs and the other 9 were all f**king scousers.

eels_fan

First Grade
Thats a pretty big band waggon you're on, so many f**king scousers in this country.

I played in a cricket team a few years back and the whole team was into the EPL.

There was one Villa fan, I follow Spurs and the other 9 were all f**king scousers.

wouldn't say i'm on bandwagon when i started following the EPL and Liverpool back in the early 2000s and similarly to Parra, they hadn't won an EPL title in decades.

I think a lot of Aussies started following them because its here Harry Kewell and Viduka were playing at the time when broadcasting finally allowed us to see Aussie players on the international stage