What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
Over 54 000 for the Matildas in Melbourne tonight.
They would have sold out the MCG if it was played there.
The demand for these girls is amazing.
30 minutes after full time, the players were still all walking around the ground signing autographs and taking selfies with fans.
What a great bunch of girls they are.
They played some decent football as well.
It is no wonder that the Matilda's are Australia's largest drawing national team of any sport.
Both attendance and TV ratings wise.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I read somewhere that the Matildas are Australia's most loved sporting team, followed by our women's cricket team.

Be good to see them start to get paid more...

I watch the womens cricket all the time, except T20 cuz I jut dont like that form of the game, they have so much talent

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Liverpool’s team was older than Chelsea’s. Inexperience is literally the reason Chelsea are struggling. In that cup final Liverpool used 10 players over the age of 24 while Chelsea had only 7. The average age of the sides was 24 vs 23. For the starting 11 it was 25 to 23.

eels_fan

First Grade
The thing is woman's teams need to be winning to get noticed here, and in most countries.

The Matilda's didnt come into existence 4 years ago when everyone suddenly became a fan, they've been around for decades but didnt have success.

People will quickly jump back off the bandwagon if they dont at least make it to the quarter finals in the WC.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The thing is woman's teams need to be winning to get noticed here, and in most countries.

The Matilda's didnt come into existence 4 years ago when everyone suddenly became a fan, they've been around for decades but didnt have success.

People will quickly jump back off the bandwagon if they dont at least make it to the quarter finals in the WC.

to a point I agree but if you go back a bit they were treated like shit, no money from Australian Football and no sponsorship

they did it all the hard way and now look at the support they are getting compared to back then, and its well deserved

hindy111

Post Whore
to a point I agree but if you go back a bit they were treated like shit, no money from Australian Football and no sponsorship

they did it all the hard way and now look at the support they are getting compared to back then, and its well deserved

Well NATHAN CLEARY romance has helped them also. Free media coverage from the biggest star in Australian sport.