What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

phantom eel

First Grade
I don't think the decision to punch the ball was wrong, but he was slow and terribly mistimed his jump.

Had he decided at once to make a beeline off his line to punch it clear, it would have been fine; instead, he doubted himself and ultimately made a bad play.

I hope he works on this part of his game, because it's a big flaw in his keeping imo.
Wanderers should have kept Reddy, tbh. Bad roster decisions by Popa.
No chance mate.
I was too f**king busy watching X-Factor.
Lol.

13516665_1083927044978037_3561730979458780438_n.jpg

strider

Post Whore
A post on the North Terrace Facebook page said that it would stop operating due to the "unworkable circumstances" present at Melbourne Victory matches in Victoria.

Its not a job merkins ... just watch the f**kin game and enjoy it

Gronk

Staff member
I bet the club are shitting themselves that a bunch of ego driven dickheads are not going to attend games now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I recall several years ago, when the Eels sucked (around about the same time Eels fans threw coins at Jamie Lyon), that several Eels fans stopped attending Eels matches...

strider

Post Whore
I dont really care if you get jack of going to games for whatever reason .... but dont act like it actually matters if you dont wanna go to games

I have a theory that a-league turnover of players is so high that fans see the club as something different to the players on the field playing the sort ... they are the thing with continuity, not the players, so they see themselves as the important thing (not all fans of course)

Eelementary

Post Whore
I dont really care if you get jack of going to games for whatever reason .... but dont act like it actually matters if you dont wanna go to games

I have a theory that a-league turnover of players is so high that fans see the club as something different to the players on the field playing the sort ... they are the thing with continuity, not the players, so they see themselves as the important thing (not all fans of course)

I was just saying that every sport has the same thing happen.

Hell, a group of my friends boycotted going to watch Australia play in cricket because the selectors kept choosing Mitchell Marsh...

Fans boycotting games thinking they'll make a difference is nothing new tbh.

Gronk

Staff member
I was just saying that every sport has the same thing happen.

Hell, a group of my friends boycotted going to watch Australia play in cricket because the selectors kept choosing Mitchell Marsh...

Fans boycotting games thinking they'll make a difference is nothing new tbh.

Yes but these fans are boycotting because they feel they that they should be able to behave in a certain manner which seems to be at odds with the stadium management.

How hard is it to pull your head in an watch the soccer ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yes but these fans are boycotting because they feel they that they should be able to behave in a certain manner which seems to be at odds with the stadium management.

How hard is it to pull your head in an watch the soccer ?

True.

phantom eel

First Grade
Well done to the 4 A-League players that tempotarily made the 30man national squad, before it's pared down to 20-odd prior ti the next two games.

Does any other top 50 ranked country's domestic league provide fewer players to its own national team?

84 Baby

Referee
Well done to the 4 A-League players that tempotarily made the 30man national squad, before it's pared down to 20-odd prior ti the next two games.

Does any other top 50 ranked country's domestic league provide fewer players to its own national team?
Argentina & Switzerland have 3, Brazil has 6 (2 of which are uncapped keepers), France, Colombia & Portugal have 7, Paraguay & Belgium have grand totals of 1 each, Sweden has 2

phantom eel

First Grade
We should stop competing at the olympics, cos a very large number of our athletes live and train overseas
Thanks for answering the question about domestic soccer leagues... oh, wait.
Argentina & Switzerland have 3, Brazil has 6 (2 of which are uncapped keepers), France, Colombia & Portugal have 7, Paraguay & Belgium have grand totals of 1 each, Sweden has 2
Thanks for actually answering the question about domestic soccer leagues.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Yeah, it's generally not the done thing to promote players playing in the local comps to their national sides.

Then again, it's easy for countries like Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, etc. because the European leagues are stacked with South American talent.