What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Barrett gone??

bluefox68

Staff member
I hope Fittler doesn’t get sucked in to the role.

Stick to the short burst of Origin…

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
NRL 360 was bashing Gus piller to post last night. I mean say what you want about Gus but I can assure you he knows far more about rugby league than any of those 4 idiots on that show.

Gus has his flaws don’t get me wrong but he’s a very smart man. He’s far more likeable than Kent, Hooper, Anasta or Buzz

NRL 360 was bashing Gus piller to post last night. I mean say what you want about Gus but I can assure you he knows far more about rugby league than any of those 4 idiots on that show.

Gus has his flaws don’t get me wrong but he’s a very smart man. He’s far more likeable than Kent, Hooper, Anasta or Buzz
That show, especially when it is those 4 on it, should be name changed to "The Four Corners of Fucjwits"

shadowboxer

First Grade
I watched the Gould interview, a couple of points:

He only does business over lunch.
He has shifty eyes when under pressure.
Allegedly Liar Liar pants on fire.
Shifty eyes when under pressure? Not sure how you could see his eyes - his head looks like it has been punched repeatedly..and the only pressure is his collar from the chins

Special K

Coach
I watched the Gould interview, a couple of points:

He only does business over lunch.
He used to set up shop at Mezes in Brighton and run all his meetings there. So did flanno weirdly. It was a skata restaurant but central for outsiders I guess.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Yes, he's smart but transparently devious

Weeks ago he claimed Baz would be coach at Canterbury long after he left. This was around the time of his spray to the players

Then wait for more of the inevitable bad performances and Baz resigns. He's had this set up for months no doubt but IMO he fekked up by stepping in which was nothing more than cooking up a ready made explanation. Sort of like blaminmg the ref BEFORE a game starts. Most here use the same strategy HAHAHA

Chimp

Bench
Yes, he's smart but transparently devious
The first part of that sentence is the bit that is often overlooked, mainly due to the last part of the sentence being true.

Binning Barrett off is absolutely the best thing for the Dogs future. Binning off dead wood like Naden is also the right thing to do. The problems at the Bulldogs are not of Gus’s making, and what he’s doing are the right things - personally, I just think he’d have been better coming out with that as the reason and owning the decision - his issue is he’s got a relationship with Trent and doesn’t want to ruin their relationship, publicly blame him or ruin his chances of future employment, and that’s what all the smoke and daggers have been about, but that makes him look devious and untruthful.
He said when Barrett took the job, it was the wrong job at the wrong time for him - he was correct then, and he’s correct now.
Trent was supposed to be the saviour, poor Dean Pay was royally shafted by the Dogs, made to coach with a goosed cap, and when Trent arrived, he had a ‘warchest’…. And he spuffed it on nuffies generally. But even then, this years squad, on paper, is better than they’re performing.
Gus has made the right call to get a Barrett out and let a more capable coach do something with the current squad (plus Mahoney and Kikau next year), and more importantly, build something with the amount of spare cap they have coming available in the next couple of years. Gus will also get the focus on development and pathways, which have been a shambles for a club the size of the Dogs.
I genuinely think if he just did what he needs to do and didn’t try protect people or his relationships, the grief wouldn’t come. 3 weeks ago, the media were calling for Barrett’s head, then as soon as it’s done, they’re giving Gus grief for the way he’s got rid of Barrett…. It’s the right call…

ghoti

Bench
The first part of that sentence is the bit that is often overlooked, mainly due to the last part of the sentence being true.

Binning Barrett off is absolutely the best thing for the Dogs future. Binning off dead wood like Naden is also the right thing to do. The problems at the Bulldogs are not of Gus’s making, and what he’s doing are the right things - personally, I just think he’d have been better coming out with that as the reason and owning the decision - his issue is he’s got a relationship with Trent and doesn’t want to ruin their relationship, publicly blame him or ruin his chances of future employment, and that’s what all the smoke and daggers have been about, but that makes him look devious and untruthful.
He said when Barrett took the job, it was the wrong job at the wrong time for him - he was correct then, and he’s correct now.
Trent was supposed to be the saviour, poor Dean Pay was royally shafted by the Dogs, made to coach with a goosed cap, and when Trent arrived, he had a ‘warchest’…. And he spuffed it on nuffies generally. But even then, this years squad, on paper, is better than they’re performing.
Gus has made the right call to get a Barrett out and let a more capable coach do something with the current squad (plus Mahoney and Kikau next year), and more importantly, build something with the amount of spare cap they have coming available in the next couple of years. Gus will also get the focus on development and pathways, which have been a shambles for a club the size of the Dogs.
I genuinely think if he just did what he needs to do and didn’t try protect people or his relationships, the grief wouldn’t come. 3 weeks ago, the media were calling for Barrett’s head, then as soon as it’s done, they’re giving Gus grief for the way he’s got rid of Barrett…. It’s the right call…
Best I've seen this summed up!

Bob Scott

Juniors

I can't understand the number of so called experts since his sacking that are saying Barrett is a good coach , his record suggests not .

shadowboxer

First Grade
He should never have gotten the job at the bulldogs. His record in the top job is shite. Probally makes an admirable 2IC - nothing wrong with that.
Where to now? Hopefully assistant at the Dragons, Lowes ads or just doing push ups in his Y-fronts on a bar in Wollongong somewhere

Lawman

Juniors
Probably end up at fox spoérts with the rest of the geniuses
Fitzgibbon will be joining him soon.Moylan- Trindall- Canberra Try- Classic.Better than Brown and Lance Thompson Stuff Up.Can " t Stop Laughing.Sloan should be your fullback- to complete the Ultimate Stuff Up.

Fitzgibbon will be joining him soon.Moylan- Trindall- Canberra Try- Classic.Better than Brown and Lance Thompson Stuff Up.Can " t Stop Laughing.Sloan should be your fullback- to complete the Ultimate Stuff Up.
Only a true cock smoker would try and be funny by using a humiliating time of a dead man. A man who gave his all for his clubs.
f**king drip.

Are you the Archbishop of Banterbury? Cos you're pretty funny.