What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT cameras

sleepy83

Juniors
Fuji are pretty good. anything over 5megapixel. under that and its just a waste of time.
the link below is one of the best review sites around, beware of whinging yanks but.

www.dpreview.com/

roopy

Referee
The Lumix was the last one i had before i upgraded to SLR and it was a great camera.
Actually - still is - a gave it to my niece who was doing photography at school and she is getting better results than i do with my 5k worth of gear.

I'd go to the local library and flip through photography mags if i were you - every second one has a 'buyers guide' these days.

Pie Floater

Juniors
I haven't read everyone's responses ... but I've got the 350d, and it's pretty cool. If I bought again, I'd have got the same camera, but with the 17-85 ... it's a much nicer lens, though the 18-55 isn't that bad.

For $140 you can get a really nice portraiture lens, a 50mm f/1.8. That's a SWEET lens, for the price.

This site www.dslrusers.com is an aussie photography forum, that can offer you heaps of help and tips etc. Primarily Nikon users there, but a lot are switching to Canon.

husky65

Juniors
to give you some idea of what a 75 - 300mm will do on an EOS 350D, I took this shot at the Bulldogs game, from the front row of the ET stand.

I'm very happy with my camera.

husky65

Obviously, I have resized the pic so it will load this century.

husky65

Juniors
roopy said:
so is that a picture of a police car?

oh wait - the pricks are on the outside.

The other photo.

But that one was also taken with the 75 - 300, very good for timid wildlife - Echidnas are funny, they flinch at the sound of the shutter with single photos, but use "motor drive" and the little media tarts just ignore it and get on with their day.