What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

EoasU6GXEAgONqW

What was the margin of victory in Georgia?

Was it less than the 24000 ballots that were scanned through from those 4 suitcases?

Hmmm...

Bandwagon

Staff member
That's OK if you've got good growth and can afford to hold back on a few things in the near term and put some money in your pocket. The alternative is to always borrow more, which is stupid.

So, when times are tough, you spend and kick things back into gear. If that works then when things turn you take the opportunity to pay down if withdrawing that spending won't put the brakes on.

Well yeah, a surplus is contractionary, so you want one when there are signs of the economy overheating, a deficit is expansionary, so you want one when there are signs the economy is slowing.

And when things seem all just hunky dory, you want a balanced budget, which basically means the government isn't interfering where it doesn't need to.

Like I said, man this is super basic shit people should understand before they start advocating good and bad. or applying terms like "good economic management" to a budget position.

Bandwagon

Staff member
That, my old friend, is actually a good question.

Fraud, fraud, fraud, blah, blah, blah.

Cool, man. Go to court.

Despite what the Fake News is telling everyone, Trump has not lost 40 lawsuits. They've only submitted 3. OK, cool, put this damned video in one of them!

I think what they're doing at the moment is pushing the whole state legislature thing while simultaneously trying to get cases to the Supreme Court. Can they introduce more evidence further down the line, when it gets to the SC, if they haven't put it in the earlier versions of that case? I dunno. I'm no Lionel Hutz...

One theory is that they're holding off in court for now to let everyone incriminate themselves through the hearings. *shrugs*

One thing I do know - the State Farm video could very well be the Zapruder film of the 2020 election.

They're not gonna be able to take a case to the SCOTUS based on arguments that haven't been presented already to a lower court. They need a constitutional basis, some kinda trigger if you will, for the court to look at, they can't just magic that up.

When you consider that, the whole fraud thing is a tough sell, because it's a criminal matter. They would need to link the so called fraud to a constitutional principle, and given they are yet to even allege it in court, that seems very much unlikely.

If they manage to get something going, I'd be very careful to compare the actual filings as against the public statements, 'cause thus far they've not really aligned at all.

On the case count, I think you're splitting hairs there, there are suits directly brought by the Trump team, and there are suits brought by others that they have undoubtedly supported. When you count them up, suits that are pushing the Trump agenda are 1 from 40, that's a fact, and the one win was to get ballots quarantined that were already being quarantined. This is not what success looks like.

Well yeah, a surplus is contractionary, so you want one when there are signs of the economy overheating, a deficit is expansionary, so you want one when there are signs the economy is slowing.

And when things seem all just hunky dory, you want a balanced budget, which basically means the government isn't interfering where it doesn't need to.

Like I said, man this is super basic shit people should understand before they start advocating good and bad. or applying terms like "good economic management" to a budget position.

Well, also take into account that "balanced budgets" are never really going to happen. Considering you are using projections, forecasting etc. to figure what will come in and that will always be different to what does come in...

But taking that into account...yeah.

Gronk

Staff member
That, my old friend, is actually a good question.

Fraud, fraud, fraud, blah, blah, blah.

Cool, man. Go to court.

Despite what the Fake News is telling everyone, Trump has not lost 40 lawsuits. They've only submitted 3. OK, cool, put this damned video in one of them!

I think what they're doing at the moment is pushing the whole state legislature thing while simultaneously trying to get cases to the Supreme Court. Can they introduce more evidence further down the line, when it gets to the SC, if they haven't put it in the earlier versions of that case? I dunno. I'm no Lionel Hutz...

One theory is that they're holding off in court for now to let everyone incriminate themselves through the hearings. *shrugs*

One thing I do know - the State Farm video could very well be the Zapruder film of the 2020 election.

Trump Law suits are summarized here. So if Republicans are plaintiffs to state cases, it’s not Trump. Sure if that makes you feel better.

https://www.ft.com/content/20b114b5-5419-493b-9923-a918a2527931

Gronk

Staff member
A thread on Georgia:

TBH threads like this are pretty meaningless. If there is evidence of systematic voter fraud, then the court will find the truth. “Where there’s smoke there must be fire, your honor” isn’t enough, human error and anomalies are not enough.

Let’s face it, these cases are all about Trump having a mindset that allows him to vacate the POTUS office with his head held high. JFC he did the same thing when he claimed the Emmys was rigged when The Apprentice lost to Amazing Race.

Haynzy

First Grade
In fairness though, the Amazing Race should never have gotten the emmy over The Apprentice. It's bullshit.

Puhlease! Amazing Race is so much better.

Aussie Anazing Race is the bomb, Beau Ryan hugging all the contestants and regularly taking the piss. Craps all over “You’re Fired”.

strider

Post Whore
TBH threads like this are pretty meaningless. If there is evidence of systematic voter fraud, then the court will find the truth. “Where there’s smoke there must be fire, your honor” isn’t enough, human error and anomalies are not enough.

Let’s face it, these cases are all about Trump having a mindset that allows him to vacate the POTUS office with his head held high. JFC he did the same thing when he claimed the Emmys was rigged when The Apprentice lost to Amazing Race.
agree ... even if these type of little numbers here and there are dodgy - they are potentially things that might always happen ...... it may well suggest there is a wider amount of dodgy crap going on - but on it's own it doesn't get you far

on the other hand, merkins pulling suitcases of hidden ballots from under tables at 2am in the morning and counting them when there is no one else around is dodgy as all f**k

Gronk

Staff member
agree ... even if these type of little numbers here and there are dodgy - they are potentially things that might always happen ...... it may well suggest there is a wider amount of dodgy crap going on - but on it's own it doesn't get you far

on the other hand, merkins pulling suitcases of hidden ballots from under tables at 2am in the morning and counting them when there is no one else around is dodgy as all f**k

I bet you that merkins have embellished the facts in the last paragraph for dramatic effect. Last time merkins were flapping about claiming suitcases of votes were being trucked in, it turned out to be news crews with their camera gear in those solid black plastic transport boxes.

strider

Post Whore
I bet you that merkins have embellished the facts in the last paragraph for dramatic effect. Last time merkins were flapping about claiming suitcases of votes were being trucked in, it turned out to be news crews with their camera gear in those solid black plastic transport boxes.
Embellished? .. its a video ... Its dodgy as f**k

Bandwagon

Staff member

Yep, it'd seem it's pretty easy to make up a shit narrative to a small section of video that tells people what they're seeing is exactly what you want them to see.

Here's the official narrative, same video.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...der-a-table-after-poll-workers-dismissed.html

Now the officials giving that narrative are also Republicans, and if you'd seen that first, you'd have laughed at show being given by the Lawyer in question in the video you saw.

There's a reason why all this shit is being aired at a place that is not court, mainly because grifters wanna keep grifting afterwards, and judges don't take to kindly to lawyers knowingly seeking to mislead the court.

It puts their licence to grift at risk.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s only dodgy when you know context. Put the supervisor on the stand and grill him/her about procedures and then put the 2IC on the stand and ask the same questions. That’s how you find the truth. Certainly not from an outsider reading between the lines from CCTV footage.

strider

Post Whore
Yep, it'd seem it's pretty easy to make up a shit narrative to a small section of video that tells people what they're seeing is exactly what you want them to see.

Here's the official narrative, same video.

https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/...der-a-table-after-poll-workers-dismissed.html

Now the officials giving that narrative are also Republicans, and if you'd seen that first, you'd have laughed at show being given by the Lawyer in question in the video you saw.

There's a reason why all this shit is being aired at a place that is not court, mainly because grifters wanna keep grifting afterwards, and judges don't take to kindly to lawyers knowingly seeking to mislead the court.

It puts their licence to grift at risk.
Yeah maybe its all shit???

Would that mean the lawyer lady who is presenting it should be up of fraud for lying to a senate commitee? ... And there are no signed affidavits saying they were told to leave? .... Wont this result in more than just a fact check site saying its not true?

Latest posts