What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah maybe its all shit???

Would that mean the lawyer lady who is presenting it should be up of fraud for lying to a senate commitee? ... And there are no signed affidavits saying they were told to leave? .... Wont this result in more than just a fact check site saying its not true?

Not necessarily, people can say all sorts of shit in the US because "muh first amendment", now lying to the senate, well I'd guess the senate would need to want to do something about it, if it was of a mind to.

From watching their so called investigation, i really don't think they'd be of a mind to.

As for it just being a fact check site, well, it's quoting people, and those people are publicly endorsing that in their official capacity.

Again I'd go back to the fact that no merkin is presenting this so called evidence in court, it's not being tested, and there's been upwards of 50 odd cases now, so it's not like there hasn't been ample opportunity.

It's a circus, and grifters are making a killing doing their grifting.

strider

Post Whore
Not necessarily, people can say all sorts of shit in the US because "muh first amendment", now lying to the senate, well I'd guess the senate would need to want to do something about it, if it was of a mind to.

From watching their so called investigation, i really don't think they'd be of a mind to.

As for it just being a fact check site, well, it's quoting people, and those people are publicly endorsing that in their official capacity.

Again I'd go back to the fact that no merkin is presenting this so called evidence in court, it's not being tested, and there's been upwards of 50 odd cases now, so it's not like there hasn't been ample opportunity.

It's a circus, and grifters are making a killing doing their grifting.
One of the quoted people is "unnamed" ... Maybe its a "parramatta club insider"?

Agree it makes little sense this stuff isnt what gets to court ..... I dont know if they are just trying to stop the electoral commission giving its votes???

And i find it odd you could go up on a senate committee claim to have affidavits etc and have nothing to answer for apinning shit

And why would the press leave as well? Surely if they knew counting was continuing they'd stay to keep track of the numbers. And there are reports from the time that counting was done for the night. And all the observers leaving just because the cutters had finished? Why? Far from convinced.

Bandwagon

Staff member
One of the quoted people is "unnamed" ... Maybe its a "parramatta club insider"?

Yeah, that was one of the poll workers, it's reasonable, merkins are getting death threats and they aint assigning security details to these poor schmucks. You note though that those commenting in their official capacity did indeed put their names to it.

Agree it makes little sense this stuff isnt what gets to court ..... I dont know if they are just trying to stop the electoral commission giving its votes???

There's definitely a push by some in various state legislatures to discount the election and send their own slate of electors.

And i find it odd you could go up on a senate committee claim to have affidavits etc and have nothing to answer for apinning shit

Oh, I'm sure all these merkins have the affidavits they say they have, they just aren't gonna get truly tested, it's a partisan enquiry led by a republican dominated legislature, who have from day one been at odds with their Republican SOS and Governor over certification. They're only interested in winning the public debate, there's no will to question or prosecute the folks who are helping them do that.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah maybe its all shit???

Would that mean the lawyer lady who is presenting it should be up of fraud for lying to a senate commitee? ... And there are no signed affidavits saying they were told to leave? .... Wont this result in more than just a fact check site saying its not true?
The president has spent 4 years lying his ring off. Being liberal (no pun intended) with the truth is celebrated.

strider

Post Whore
I also like that the "fact checking" site made up a hypothetical scenario which it got wrong and took it down when someone called em lol .... Facts and nothing but facts - and hypotheticals

Dont get me wrong i am not saying i believe its not legit ... But I dont blindly believe fact check sites either. Its just merkins with a website.

An earlier version of this story included a hypothetical scenario mathematically estimating the maximum possible impact on the vote count. This example has been removed because it contained faulty math. We regret the mistake but since it was a hypothetical it does not alter the conclusion of this fact check.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I also like that the "fact checking" site made up a hypothetical scenario which it got wrong and took it down when someone called em lol .... Facts and nothing but facts - and hypotheticals

Dont get me wrong i am not saying i believe its not legit ... But I dont blindly believe fact check sites either. Its just merkins with a website.

The public retraction and acknowledgement of their mistake though I see as a plus. Generally speaking, people trying to mislead don't do that.

At least they sorted out that false positive nonsense.

on the other hand, merkins pulling suitcases of hidden ballots from under tables at 2am in the morning and counting them when there is no one else around is dodgy as all f**k

Especially if those votes total more than the margin of victory in Georgia...

But the totally not corrupt Republicans (because it’s totally all Democrats because this is totally a DvR/left vs. right thing...) said snopes.com/fact-check.org.totallylegit said it is fine...