What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
@Bandwagon do you reckon ScoMo and his cronies will be in the shit if Labour brings in a federal ICAC, assuming it has some teeth ?
I hope that they don’t weaponise the ICAC by steering it towards allegations for politcal gain. Look at the timeline of Royal Commissions last time we changed Government:

Gillard introduced Institutional Child Sexual Assault, then Abbott wins and goes after his opponents in a autocrat move to disable and smear his opponents with the terms of reference squarely fine tuned with nefarious intent.

35FE75EF-B114-4101-8AA8-3CEB016E3460.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
I think this is a bit of a fib.

They voted independent cos they thought that was the best option.

If they thought Labor was still cool, they would have given them a 1 and preferenced the independent... In a preference based system, as we have, you can give your 1 to who you actually want and then have a fallback.

These are still people who lost faith in labor ... Labor are just sugar coating it .... And its the same with Libs who lost faith in Libs.
Well no, I voted independent because the labor merkin was no hope. So it was a two horse race for me between the teal and liberals.

Labor lost 0.5% of their primary vote. I’d like to know which seat has lost faith in labor, significant enough fir you to say that.

strider

Post Whore
Well no, I voted independent because the labor merkin was no hope. So it was a two horse race for me between the teal and liberals.

Labor lost 0.5% of their primary vote. I’d like to know which seat has lost faith in labor, significant enough fir you to say that.

Well you are in Wentworth. Labor have never been a chance. Its Lib v Independent since big Mal got shafted. There is no sudden shift to independent there showing some strategic ploy.

But yeah fair enough, only 0.5 down now. I thought they were still on about 30% overall but they have got more from a big result in WA. If you look at the 2 most populous states in the country they are down -1.2% (nsw) and -3.9% (vic) ... and down -4.9% in Tas .... but yes this is small in comparison to the coalition, i was never trying to compare. Its clear the libs have lost their supporters.

If you want me to name a particular seat where where they got analed, Fowler .... parachute in a snob and lose a safe seat. ... yes this is a special case.

Also keep in mind Labor are still down from the previous two elections. Apart from WA they are not particularly regaining people they have lost. Its pretty clear people are more and more jack of both main parties.

Suitman

Post Whore
If you want me to name a particular seat where where they got analed, Fowler .... parachute in a snob and lose a safe seat. ... yes this is a special case.

I can't believe Labor were stupid enough to make that decision.
As cynical as it sounds, if they’d gone with a local named Nguyen who kept their head down then they would have won the seat comfortably. Will be even more costly if they end up with 75 seats.

Bandwagon

Staff member
@Bandwagon do you reckon ScoMo and his cronies will be in the shit if Labour brings in a federal ICAC, assuming it has some teeth ?

I reckon it'll take years before the depth of their shit-f**kery comes back to bite them on the arse.

But I think there'll be a scalp or two eventually.

As for it having teeth, given the level of support the independents have gained with that as a central issue, Labor will be kidding themselves if they don't give it serious clout.

Bandwagon

Staff member
As cynical as it sounds, if they’d gone with a local named Nguyen who kept their head down then they would have won the seat comfortably. Will be even more costly if they end up with 75 seats.

That was a good result, KK can f**k off into the sun, and maybe Labor can learn a lesson about supporting a local to get Local support.

Gronk

Staff member
As ABC said last night, this Federal Election was like a bunch of by-elections. It was a dumb decision in hindsight (KK), but not as dumb in ghe scheme of things as ScoMo dropping that anti trans lady into Warringah and then backing her, not backing her, kinda backing her, definitely maybe not backing, her and finally just avoiding the question.

That didn’t just waste a candidate, it eroded what he had left of his credibility. Disendorsing her wouldn’t have changed the result, but it would have shown that he can put his hand up and say that he got something wrong. Instead he doubled down, again.

Gronk

Staff member
Well you are in Wentworth. Labor have never been a chance. Its Lib v Independent since big Mal got shafted. There is no sudden shift to independent there showing some strategic ploy.

But yeah fair enough, only 0.5 down now. I thought they were still on about 30% overall but they have got more from a big result in WA. If you look at the 2 most populous states in the country they are down -1.2% (nsw) and -3.9% (vic) ... and down -4.9% in Tas .... but yes this is small in comparison to the coalition, i was never trying to compare. Its clear the libs have lost their supporters.

Also keep in mind Labor are still down from the previous two elections. Apart from WA they are not particularly regaining people they have lost. Its pretty clear people are more and more jack of both main parties.
That’s true and so is this. Federal politics is starting to mirror state politics.

1653211893769.png

crocodile

Bench

It is pretty clear. Primaries are woeful. It's a bit like changing a pair of dirty socks between feet.

hindy111

Post Whore
Either that or they just wanna smoke pot

But seriously, there have been huge advances in medicinal cannibus which i think alot of people are becoming aware of ... I chucked em a number in the senate

I gave them my primary vote mate. A lot of brilliant drugs out there. Natural ones. Magic Mushrooms which are illegal are now being used for depression and the CSIRO are now conducting research. A lot of these so called bad drugs are actually very good.

Problem with dope is some of that hydro stuff blows your head off and people smoke to large amounts. Almost like someone drinking to get drunk rather then 1 or 2 just to be able to relax.
A couple of puffs now and then is a great way to relieve stress and have a good sleep. And a few more puffs and the old pecker is hard as a God dam rock. Great to get you in the mood.

Latest posts