What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

the phantom menace

First Grade
I can't believe Labor were stupid enough to make that decision.
As cynical as it sounds, if they’d gone with a local named Nguyen who kept their head down then they would have won the seat comfortably. Will be even more costly if they end up with 75 seats.
The local ALP nominee who was "gazumped" by Keneally being parachuted in was named Tu Le, and had the support of the outgoining/retiring member. Big mistake to try and get Keneally into a safe lower house seat which she then lost.

Should have had her earn her victory and run in the marginal seat of Parramatta where Labor were searching for a candidate, and ended up going with someone from out of town (who won, and even increased the margin).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
just watching Albo speak before he f**ks off to Japan, he looks a totally different bloke, he looks so much more at ease and speaks so much more confidently than the bumbling doofus that he resembled leading up to the election

I guess winning an election will do that

Gronk

Staff member
I hope that they don’t weaponize the ICAC by steering it towards allegations for politcal gain. Look at the timeline of Royal Commissions last time we changed Government:

Gillard introduced Institutional Child Sexual Assault, then Abbott wins and goes after his opponents in a autocrat move to disable and smear his opponents with the terms of reference squarely fine tuned with nefarious intent.

View attachment 61937

Quid pro quo. 🙄

hineyrulz

Post Whore
just watching Albo speak before he f**ks off to Japan, he looks a totally different bloke, he looks so much more at ease and speaks so much more confidently than the bumbling doofus that he resembled leading up to the election

I guess winning an election will do that
He popped his cherry.