What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I met both Katrina and Sandy Dawson at a kids party a couple of years prior to the Lindt Cafe seige.

Their family must be wondering what they did to deserve this. ☹️

Eelogical

Referee
Liberals rapidly deteriorating across the country.

TAS - Liberal
VIC - Labor
SA - Labor
WA - Labor
NT - Labor
QLD - Labor
NSW - Liberal
ACT - Labor
AUS - Labor

Highly likely that the entire mainland will be Labor by March 2023.
Swings and roundabouts. I can't say that things have been better or worse over my (boomer) lifetime no matter which political power has been in office. I've voted for both sides during my time. What I am now more concerned about is the quality of all political candidates and the direction the country is headed as a whole. It will get worse, I feel that the vast majority of people have lost trust in whoever is in power and voting has just become a formality.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Swings and roundabouts. I can't say that things have been better or worse over my (boomer) lifetime no matter which political power was has been in office. I've voted for both sides during my time. What I am now more concerned about is the quality of all political candidates and the direction the country is headed as a whole. It will get worse, I feel that the vast majority of people have lost trust in whoever is in power and voting has just become a formality.

I agree and I have been (voted) likewise in the past.
I always voted Labor in my past regardless of whatever happened.
Yet, as I have got older, I've realised they aren't the be all and end all of everything. I've also realised that they can be truly shit at times.
Therefore, instead of always being a one-party voter, I have decided that I'll now vote for the party that I think will better serve me on a state and federal level. Local council elections are a f**king a waste of time.
I EASILY voted Libs at the last state election, and EASILY voted Labor at the last federal election.
I'm happy with my choices so far.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Swings and roundabouts. I can't say that things have been better or worse over my (boomer) lifetime no matter which political power has been in office. I've voted for both sides during my time. What I am now more concerned about is the quality of all political candidates and the direction the country is headed as a whole. It will get worse, I feel that the vast majority of people have lost trust in whoever is in power and voting has just become a formality.

I agree and I have been (voted) likewise in the past.
I always voted Labor in my past regardless of whatever happened.
Yet, as I have got older, I've realised they aren't the be all and end all of everything. I've also realised that they can be truly shit at times.
Therefore, instead of always being a one-party voter, I have decided that I'll now vote for the party that I think will better serve me on a state and federal level. Local council elections are a f**king a waste of time.
I EASILY voted Libs at the last state election, and EASILY voted Labor at the last federal election.
I'm happy with my choices so far.
Agree with both of you. I've typically voted Liberal at a federal level and Labor at a state level (mostly QLD with the exception of two state elections in NSW).

But I always assess things before deciding and voted Labor at the most recent federal election.

I didn't present my stats to suggest that anything is wrong. It was more of a comment about however these swings and roundabouts go we need the other major party to be strong enough to hold the one in power to account.

I'm sure the conservatives will get their shit together, but right now they are a long way from being a sensible opposition at a federal level and in most states. That's just how it is.

I felt that Labor had the same problem 16 years ago (before Kevin07) and raised the same issues at the time. They've since sorted themselves out.

Gronk

Staff member
I know that merkins think that Musk is a smart business man, but unless he’s three chess moves ahead of me I don’t get it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Musk is an absolute pillock. I guess he can afford to make Twitter his plaything but I find all of it (including the pathetic media reaction) completely f**king boring.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Incel is short hand for involuntary celibate, so how the f**k is being an actual incel a statement of sexual preference beyond preferring not to be an incel. ( which by name is literally is the nature of being an incel )

Gronk

Staff member
Michaelia Cash embarked on a 9 hour filibuster in a hope to delay the Industrial Relations Bill. Problem is that they are going sit on Saturday now.

Latest posts