What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

bazza

Referee
If you think this merkin's been hard done by, you've rocks in your f**king head. It's the words of his contemporaries that damn him, not some onlooker or bystander, merkins that served with him.
Yes - he has been very hard done by since returning from service. He only got that executive level job at Channel 7 through his own hard work and expertise of the media industry

King-Gutho94

Coach
Bruce lerhmann interview was on C7 last night. Who was alleged to have raped Brittany Higgins.

But I hear Lisa Wilkinson hasn't come out looking great in it.

For all those years on Today show I thought she was carrying Karl.

But actually Karl now looks like better individual then the clown Wilkinson will be remembered for.

Gronk

Staff member
We were at Bar Italia yesterday when this went down. The owner in the beret was being interviewed when we walked into the back garden.

hindy111

Post Whore
Whats the go with he trains. Are all lines shut every weekend for a year? Or just be similar to now which seems to be about every 5 weeks

hindy111

Post Whore

Bandwagon

Staff member

With the issue of costs yet to be decided, further action or defence might well hinge on his ability to raise funding And if you attach shit to the culture wars it's far easier to raise money for your cause from those invested so heavily in such things.

Gronk

Staff member
With the issue of costs yet to be decided, further action or defence might well hinge on his ability to raise funding And if you attach shit to the culture wars it's far easier to raise money for your cause from those invested so heavily in such things.
It's not like people would seek to cash in on a culture war. Surely people are better humans than that ?

download.jpegimages (1).jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
That Sydney Powell Kraken lady could learn a thing or two from this. Comprehensive or what.

The crazy thing is, all Trump needed to do is hand all the boxes back. Instead he chose to take the "be difficult" route.

Aaaand here we are. No point playing the victim merkin.

Eelogical

Referee
What a f**king circus federal parliament has become even allowing for the fact that it was always a Ringling Bros sideshow. What all sound minded aussies want is a parliament that does what they're elected to do but we'll never get that. Maybe if they all got their minds on the job instead of thinking of erections instead of elections then we might go somewhere.

Suitman

Post Whore
What a f**king circus federal parliament has become even allowing for the fact that it was always a Ringling Bros sideshow. What all sound minded aussies want is a parliament that does what they're elected to do but we'll never get that. Maybe if they all got their minds on the job instead of thinking of erections instead of elections then we might go somewhere.

Indeed.
What has happened over the past 24 hrs is mind boggling and worse still, embarrassing.
These people are elected to serve their constituents and furthermore their country.
Seriously, it is no better than a child care centre.
I despise almost all politicians of every persuasion.

Eelogical

Referee
Indeed.
What has happened over the past 24 hrs is mind boggling and worse still, embarrassing.
These people are elected to serve their constituents and furthermore their country.
Seriously, it is no better than a child care centre.
I despise almost all politicians of every persuasion.
The problem is that nobody can or is willing to do anything about it. Parliament as a whole is a disgrace, it's just a reality TV show that happens to have a major influence on our lives. Maybe I'm just being seen as an older person yelling at clouds but I don't think that's the case. No matter which side a person is on, climate change, housing and cost of living policies haven't got us anywhere under either government (but let's keep sexual scandals in the limelight).

Bandwagon

Staff member
The problem is that nobody can or is willing to do anything about it. Parliament as a whole is a disgrace, it's just a reality TV show that happens to have a major influence on our lives. Maybe I'm just being seen as an older person yelling at clouds but I don't think that's the case. No matter which side a person is on, climate change, housing and cost of living policies haven't got us anywhere under either government (but let's keep sexual scandals in the limelight).

I think to a point you have to just accept that politics is often a sideshow and that the media ( which presents how you view politics ) will accentuate that side of it because the actual work of parliament is pretty boring unless you are either invested strongly in the outcomes directly, or you're a policy gronk.

The real interesting stuff is in the cattle trading over legislation rather than the argy bargy of political point scoring, but you'll rarely see that mentioned unless it's being propped up as a loss for a party.

Unfortunately the real work, which is to introduce and pass legislation is sidelined for the more theatrical elements, but if you look past all that, which admittedly takes a fair bit of effort, you can see that a lot of work actually gets done, whether you agree with the outcome or not of course is another thing.

For mine though this past week has been entertaining, the week starting with the opposition doing their best to further politicise the Higgins matter, only to end the week with one of their own a dead man walking over the very same subject matter has that schadenfreude thing working it's arse off.

But then it's the only reality TV I'm interested in if I'm gonna be completely honest.

the phantom menace

First Grade
For mine though this past week has been entertaining, the week starting with the opposition doing their best to further politicise the Higgins matter, only to end the week with one of their own a dead man walking over the very same subject matter has that schadenfreude thing working it's arse off.
Yes, the airing of the opposition's own alleged activities in Parliament (while in government) put an abrupt end to its failed attempts to try and pin any failings in the Higgins matter on the current government (from a time when they were in fact in opposition). Stunning turnaround and own goal.

strider

Post Whore
I think you'd have to be nuts to think the Higgins thing is clean. A tonne of unanswered questions with that one. Mostly likely that everyone involved f**ked up in some way.
The timing of nailing the creepy Van guy was incredibly convenient too.