What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

JokerEel

Coach

"Speculation is mounting that former First Lady Michelle Obama is preparing to run to be President of the United States, in a move that involves convincing an ailing Joe Biden to step down.
And a prominent conservative figure believes such a plot might just succeed."

Poor Hillary tried so hard to be President all Michelle had to do was not be Biden or Orange man to win 😂

Gronk

Staff member

"Speculation is mounting that former First Lady Michelle Obama is preparing to run to be President of the United States, in a move that involves convincing an ailing Joe Biden to step down.
And a prominent conservative figure believes such a plot might just succeed."
A merkin from the ABC predicted this last week ^^^^^.

Anyway, they are ready for her. Yes, Michelle Obama is really a man.

King-Gutho94

Coach
There are people who say the reason the USA got Trump is because Obama actually did a shit job and alot of merkins were disillusioned .... could have some legs
Well i agree to some extent with that.

I cant remember the specifics of what Obama did or didn't do when he was president.

I certainly remember in 2016/2017 when Trump was storming towards the presidency it was seen as a bad reflection by some on Obama and the state they were in.

hindy111

Post Whore
For sports fans this is the worse month.
Crickets done,Tennis is done, No league. Just the superbowl left.
Unless follow NBA or soccer it's a dry month.
All.thats left is politics,Lawn mowers and vaccuums

King-Gutho94

Coach
For sports fans this is the worse month.
Crickets done,Tennis is done, No league. Just the superbowl left.
Unless follow NBA or soccer it's a dry month.
Be nice if the club pulled there fingers out & won a comp so we could play in the World Club Challenge in February.

We could go on a tour around Europe for 3/4 weeks in Feb to watch Parra play.

bazza

Immortal
Who shoots ducks anyway. f**kwits do.
when I worked in the UK one of the older managers was an avid shooter
I think the shooting season was about 3 months where he got to have some quiet time and do some shooting. The other 9 months he and his mates were in charge of cleaning up the habitat where they do the shooting

Bandwagon

Staff member
Why did they originally back it? ..... is it not true they originally were on board? .... were they all for unfair outcomes back then?

For the record they opposed the legislation when it was passed, Which is why it needed crossbench support.

I'd say they always opposed it, and were always looking to change it when the time came or the opportunity arose. That's just an educated guess, and if that's the case they most definitely lied about it at the election and since

The only doubt I have about that is that since the election there's been a lot of support and a push to change it much as they've done, and now they have changed it it's obviously pretty popular, so it probably would have helped their chances at the election to have ran with that policy.

But in saying that, putting forward that change would have gone against the small target campaign they ran with

Gronk

Staff member
I’ve said this before, you can’t be throwing lemons at your neighbours, kicking their dog and spitting at their kids, keep moving the side fence and then play the victim when their dad or brother loses his shit. Finally the world is saying enough.

Gronk

Staff member
What is Dutton going to do about the tax cuts? It’s old fashioned wedge politics right here. If he votes against, then he is denying low income earners $$.

If he votes against it will be up to the cross bench to pass the legislation in the upper house. The greens are already saying that they will require amendments. They could push for negative gearing, but more than likely push for an expansion of medicare (denistry).

the phantom menace

First Grade
Chalmers' take down of Dutton was spot on, imo.

Chalmers has accused the Liberal leader Peter Dutton of “stuffing around” on whether or not the Liberals will back the changes.

“I think Peter Dutton is stuffing around and stumbling around [and] looking for all kinds of excuses not to support our bigger tax cuts for more people to deal with the cost of living,” the Treasurer said.

“We’ve seen them [the Coalition] flailing about and fumbling about in recent days and what we’re left with is the only definitive statement that’s been made. [Deputy Liberal leader] Sussan Ley was asked ‘will you unwind Labor’s tax cuts’ and she said ‘absolutely’.”

“This point about the legislation is once again the LNP looking for excuses to do the wrong thing by people.

“They know what these tax cuts are all about; we’ve made the detail very clear; we’ve been explaining why we’ve come to a different and better position; we’ve been upfront about what it means for workers in communities like this one.”

Latest posts