What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
A (climate) scientist had enough of the trolls. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when two authors accused him of fraud and compared his academic position to that of a convicted child molester, so he sued for defamation.

“A jury awarded Mann, who is based at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, more than US$1 million in a landmark case that legal observers see as a warning to those who attack scientists working in controversial fields, including climate science and public health.”

JokerEel

Coach
A (climate) scientist had enough of the trolls. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when two authors accused him of fraud and compared his academic position to that of a convicted child molester, so he sued for defamation.

“A jury awarded Mann, who is based at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, more than US$1 million in a landmark case that legal observers see as a warning to those who attack scientists working in controversial fields, including climate science and public health.”

Cool we just post everything now?

Gronk

Staff member
Cool we just post everything now?
Just transfer all of your assets out of your name first. Channel your income through a complex web of trusts. Sorry I am not across superannuation, but I reckon they’d be able to get that.

The good news is that once you are on social security, that is quarantined.

Gronk

Staff member
So the lady from ABC was sacked bc she posted a Palestine / Israel thing. Then it was revealed from a post of a leaked whatsapp group from jewish lawyers group that they lobbied the ABC for her dismissal. Now the gov has swiftly moved to legislate against doxing, which feels a lot like lobbying from the original group again.

Anyway, the result is correct.

Screenshot_20240213_081151_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
So the lady from ABC was sacked bc she posted a Palestine / Israel thing. Then it was revealed from a post of a leaked whatsapp group from jewish lawyers group that they lobbied the ABC for her dismissal. Now the gov has swiftly moved to legislate against doxing, which feels a lot like lobbying from the original group again.

Anyway, the result is correct.

View attachment 84116

Doxxing sounds like it originated from Twitter or instagram

Gronk

Staff member
Doxxing sounds like it originated from Twitter or instagram
I think it originated before social media was a thing. Going back to when Anonymous were like a bikie gang

These days they a the good guys and (apparently) hack like Robin Hood. Dunno how true that is.

Edit: Actually it is true. Great guys. Best guys ever. :D

1707795033911.png

Gronk

Staff member
The Don claims that his loans were paid back and the banks were happy. A perfect client.

This is now a watch this space moment. If you hoodwink a bank and convince them that your income/assets are significant and that gains you a very large loan at a low interest rate vs the reality where you should have only been offfered double or triple the interest rate…. That is fraud. That is obtaining financial gain by deception. It doesn’t matter that you paid it back.

I don’t recall any of the banks appearing as witnesses for the defence, offering their support for the Trump organisation.

So the banks woukd be entitled to seek damages AND go to the police about fraud.

He was fined because of the tight US (not just New York) market place laws about these things. They are not new laws. Trump was not treated any differently. Other states where he carries out business are also looking into their shit.

“The court intends to protect the integrity of the financial marketplace and, thus, the public as a whole,” Justice Engoron wrote.

==========

In other news, his daughter in law in now in charge of the Republican party $$ after the recent blowback when it was revealed that Trump pulled $50m from party donations to pay for his personal legal fees.

Gronk

Staff member
Sky News reckons we should all take a chill pill on Barnaby having a sleep on the footpath.

Excuse me for being a skeptic, but I’m thinking there would be a pile on if one of the other parties did exactly that.

JokerEel

Coach
Sky News reckons we should all take a chill pill on Barnaby having a sleep on the footpath.

Excuse me for being a skeptic, but I’m thinking there would be a pile on if one of the other parties did exactly that.

Doubtful it there would be a pile on if it was the other mob. Maybe if it was Scomo 😂

We are just used to Barnaby now as well, so if he snorts coke of a prostitutes back we wouldn't be surprised.

I'd love to see Albo a bit tipsy!

Gronk

Staff member
I posted the Kansas rigged win in the superbowl as a Taylor Swift / Biden plot in the NFL thread as a joke. It seems that 1/3 of republicans actually believe it’s true. :eek:

MAGA know the truth but

Gronk

Staff member
Assange is in the news again with the UK high court making a ruling on his extradition today.

The podcast below is an interview with his AU barrister. Is it an exercise of free speech or did he put lives in danger ? Journalism or an irresponsible data dump ?

I listened to his lawyer's take and as much as I am as left as the Milsons Point exit off the Harbour Bridge, I think that the unredacted publication of these files carelessly named undercover peeps, sources, double agents etc. It was a step too far.

His lawyer argues that there is no evidence that anyone was harmed, but that is hardly the point.

Latest posts