What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Bandwagon

Staff member
hillary-clinton-hillary.gif

*Sips Dementacrat tears*
Cheers!

Yeah, like that's hilarious mate.

Nowhere near as funny as you trying to argue a point by arguing exactly what I said, making it clear beyond any doubt that it wasn't the idea that you disagreed with, it was the fact I said it.

Now the level of living rent free that suggests, well that is f**king funny.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well for the record, from the mouth of the woolworths CEO at the time, on the Today Show defending their decision to drop australia day merchandise, at about the 1:40 mark says, .... I tell you what happens the next day it goes into landfill and worse it goes into waterways .... so it certainly was part of his defense for dropping it .... though i still believe it was another cover for their real main reason to drop it.

I dont disagree with him. We dont need all the plastic crap. Mind you it didnt stop them giving away plastic crap that goes into landfill and waterways as an incentive to shop there.

and again from your link.........

"People go to Woolworths and they want to shop, they don't want wokeness in aisle three and that's what you've served up this week."

But Brad argued it wasn't about being woke and it was a completely economic decision to remove the products.

"We made this decision almost 12 months ago because most of it is imported into Australia and what happens after Australia Day? If it's Australia Day specific merchandise, it goes into landfill or even worse, into the waterways of Australia," he said.

Now the argument there is not we're doing it for the environment, it's an economic argument, the goods are specific to the day here, if they don't sell, and once the day is done, they don't sell, there is nothing they can do with them but throw them out.

I don't know what you do mate, but years in retail tell me that ending up with stock that costs you money because you have to throw it away is not a good thing business wise.

Gronk

Staff member
Or was it a political stunt ? Live video shows Trump hamming it up. Maybe. Stay tuned

strider

Post Whore
and again from your link.........

"People go to Woolworths and they want to shop, they don't want wokeness in aisle three and that's what you've served up this week."

But Brad argued it wasn't about being woke and it was a completely economic decision to remove the products.

"We made this decision almost 12 months ago because most of it is imported into Australia and what happens after Australia Day? If it's Australia Day specific merchandise, it goes into landfill or even worse, into the waterways of Australia," he said.

Now the argument there is not we're doing it for the environment, it's an economic argument, the goods are specific to the day here, if they don't sell, and once the day is done, they don't sell, there is nothing they can do with them but throw them out.

I don't know what you do mate, but years in retail tell me that ending up with stock that costs you money because you have to throw it away is not a good thing business wise.
Well thats great, we've come full circle back to where im not buying the guys horseshit, but you're more than happy to .... thats fine. That was my point all along - they talked shit. We dont have to agree.

whats australia day specific about it? It has australian flags on it? Why cant they shift it to Big W with the range of australian merchandise they say they stock year round? Are they not concerned about the Other event specific things they stock because they never stopped doing that ...... and now for the olympics the same argument isnt made? .... the guy with the bullshit isnt there anymore. Might be a good reason for that. i guess they have had a rethink.

Gronk

Staff member
This is an unconfirmed source.

It is notwithstanding, a moment in political history.

Bandwagon

Staff member
We dont have to agree.

No, of course we don't.

Why cant they shift it to Big W with the range of australian merchandise they say they stock year round?

They are separate businesses, and that would mean that Big W would have to buy stock it already has, so doesn't need. Probably result in less of it being thrown away, but still not a solution to the problem of falling sales.

Are they not concerned about the Other event specific things they stock because they never stopped doing that ...

I'm sure they are, they likely look at their sales data to see if for example it is worth stocking Easter eggs or Xmas lights. I'm also certain that they'd get it wrong from time to time and order to few or too many of them.

.... the guy with the bullshit isnt there anymore. Might be a good reason for that. i guess they have had a rethink.

He's still there 'till August, but if you're looking for an unstated reason for his resignation when under his stewardship the business has become ever more profitable, I'd be looking at all the inquiries into Woolworths and Coles market behaviour that are going on ATM, rather than some silly culture wars beat-up over blow up plastic Aussie fongs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He's still there 'till August, but if you're looking for an unstated reason for his resignation when under his stewardship the business has become ever more profitable, I'd be looking at all the inquiries into Woolworths and Coles market behaviour that are going on ATM, rather than some silly culture wars beat-up over blow up plastic Aussie fongs.
Yeah, his disastrous interview with 7.30 in response to price gouging allegations is what ultimately undid him.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Yeah, his disastrous interview with 7.30 in response to price gouging allegations is what ultimately undid him.

Yeah, I think that also though was a result of the pressure he's under. There's gotta be plenty of other easier CEO gigs out there than Woolies / Coles right now.

Latest posts