What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk, I just wanted to let you have a taste of your incessant anti Abbott references which went on for about 2 years.

I am to old to worry about labels from the left. Just hate to see what is happening here, 2 miserable political choices in a way, just 1 is completely intolerable , the other less so.

Well mate it seems the right of your party have manufactured a weapons grade f**k up. Unlike days gone by when the party room would find a compromise bewteen the centre, left and right, the right have taken an all or nothing approach. Prepared to bring down the party if they don’t get what they want. If an election was held next Saturday they are looking at Labor +25 seats, LNP -25 seats. <shakes head>

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Shorten has no,policies

Really? Do you read the paper? Watch the news?

No matter which side you sit on, you can’t argue Shorten and labour don’t have any policies. They have probably released the most policies (yeah you may not agree with them) of any federal opposition in a long time.

Delboy

First Grade
Really? Do you read the paper? Watch the news?

No matter which side you sit on, you can’t argue Shorten and labour don’t have any policies. They have probably released the most policies (yeah you may not agree with them) of any federal opposition in a long time.

Well,I was looking for an economic policy which didn't mean higher taxes or higher utility charges. Doesn't hurt self funded retirees or those looking to invest in already built properties.

Here's a simple thing for Gronk, given the Shorten/Plibasek/ Greens alliance will win the next election, after say 9 months so they can introduce their renewable electricity policy. I have solar panels and a 2 person household, if using the same amount of power , my bill goes down, I send Gronk the difference. If it is higher , I get reimbursed the difference.

Surely that appeals to the virtue signalling , SJWs out there.

Gronk

Staff member
Well,I was looking for an economic policy which didn't mean higher taxes or higher utility charges. Doesn't hurt self funded retirees or those looking to invest in already built properties.

Here's a simple thing for Gronk, given the Shorten/Plibasek/ Greens alliance will win the next election, after say 9 months so they can introduce their renewable electricity policy. I have solar panels and a 2 person household, if using the same amount of power , my bill goes down, I send Gronk the difference. If it is higher , I get reimbursed the difference.

I think you are missing my point mate. Shorten will get in because the conservative narcissist right your party have sabotaged everything from within. So if you have any bills to send, send them to Abbott, Kelly, Abetz, Christensen, Andrews, Dutton, Molan, etc aka the Monash Forum.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

So shorten / labour don’t have policies unless you like them :thinking:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
after say 9 months so they can introduce their renewable electricity policy. I have solar panels and a 2 person household, if using the same amount of power , my bill goes down.

Interesting you haven’t mentioned gas, my gas bill has gone up substantially over the last few years.

Have the liberals missed managed the gas market?

Gronk

Staff member

Here is what I don’t understand. In the UK, the started eliminating coal baseload decades ago. Now the vast majority of power is generated by renewables. Prices have not gone up and in fact are dropping as technology improves. The conservatives in the UK are embracing renewables and has taken a sensible bipartisan approach to climate change etc. It makes your coal loving party a bit antiquated doesn’t it ?

A3EFEBA0-FB36-435C-9438-F257D873D113.jpeg

Compare the above to Australia. Too scared to veer away from coal. The “conservates” can’t bring themselves to wind down the use of coal and embrace cheaper renewables like their brethren in the UK. Makes me wonder if mekins are not on the take and are putting the interests of the coal lobby ahead of yours.

images

Delboy

First Grade
So shorten / labour don’t have policies unless you like them :thinking:
Well if you,like the, you can pay my increases. I am old enough to have lived through the Chaos of the Whitlam years, and at least Hawke/ Keating did things fo the benefit of the country , not policies that would drive industry offshore with unrealistic renewable targets and add to the tax burden overall.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree and see what happens to the country I love after the election. In relation to Gronks observation that the rLiberal Party are hard right, under Turnbulls reign they became soft left and lost those of the right centre, it's all grist to the mill now and we wait with bated breath for DiNatale and the CFMEU to control the country, and welcome to people smugglers.

So , it's OK to post post anti Abbott and left wing type ideology incessantly, but when someone with right of centre views has a say, it's sacrilege . Welcome to LU university style hand wringing :grinning::grinning:

Gronk

Staff member
Well if you,like the, you can pay my increases. I am old enough to have lived through the Chaos of the Whitlam years, and at least Hawke/ Keating did things fo the benefit of the country , not policies that would drive industry offshore with unrealistic renewable targets and add to the tax burden overall.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree and see what happens to the country I love after the election. In relation to Gronks observation that the rLiberal Party are hard right, under Turnbulls reign they became soft left and lost those of the right centre, it's all grist to the mill now and we wait with bated breath for DiNatale and the CFMEU to control the country, and welcome to people smugglers.

So , it's OK to post post anti Abbott and left wing type ideology incessantly, but when someone with right of centre views has a say, it's sacrilege . Welcome to LU university style hand wringing :grinning::grinning:

You don’t seem to grasp or admit that the Libs are imploding. You have become Rudd Gillard Rudd - the very thing that you mocked and lampooned.

Howard’s broad church of compromise is dead, with the right faction insisting that it’s their way or we burn the place down. The party would still be at the centre right if not for the sabotaging far right.

If you guys lose 25 seats as predicted, you will need an Eels type cleanout starting with the arsonists.

You can whinge and spin about what will happen under a Shorten government, but you only have yourselves to blame. Own it. Sort your team out.

Gronk

Staff member
Can you guys make a politics thread or something? Last time I checked, this thread is supposed to be about the stadium.
Sorry, it all started with this :point_down: penis and escalated from there.

images

Chipmunk

Coach
I think you are missing my point mate. Shorten will get in because the conservative narcissist right your party have sabotaged everything from within. So if you have any bills to send, send them to Abbott, Kelly, Abetz, Christensen, Andrews, Dutton, Molan, etc aka the Monash Forum.

Shorten would've got in anyway. The 'main stream' voter...I'd classify them as "The Howard Battlers", didn't vote for Turnbull last time and wouldn't have voted for Turnbull this time. They were on a hiding to nothing in any case, they had to try something different.

Chipmunk

Coach
Here is what I don’t understand. In the UK, the started eliminating coal baseload decades ago. Now the vast majority of power is generated by renewables. Prices have not gone up and in fact are dropping as technology improves. The conservatives in the UK are embracing renewables and has taken a sensible bipartisan approach to climate change etc. It makes your coal loving party a bit antiquated doesn’t it ?

View attachment 25449

Compare the above to Australia. Too scared to veer away from coal. The “conservates” can’t bring themselves to wind down the use of coal and embrace cheaper renewables like their brethren in the UK. Makes me wonder if mekins are not on the take and are putting the interests of the coal lobby ahead of yours.

images

You can't really compare the UK, unless you combine Coal/Gas/Nuclear (which they've used for decades), for both countries, and then compare.

Our issue here is that the Lefty Greens for the last 30-40 have kicked up a stink and not let us use the perfectly good renewable nuclear option for power.

Gronk

Staff member
You can't really compare the UK, unless you combine Coal/Gas/Nuclear (which they've used for decades), for both countries, and then compare.

Our issue here is that the Lefty Greens for the last 30-40 have kicked up a stink and not let us use the perfectly good renewable nuclear option for power.
The point of my post was not about the power mix of the UK vs AU. My point was that conservatives are bipartisan in the UK when it comes to the transition away from coal. Here they love coal and won’t hear a bad word about it FFS !
angered.gif

You want to live next to a nuclear reactor? Fine by me. But calling it renewable is a bit rich.

Once the rods are spent they have a half life of thousands of years and need to be buried and can't be used again, not really renewable.

Chipmunk

Coach
The point of my post was not about the power mix of the UK vs AU. My point was that conservatives are bipartisan in the UK when it comes to the transition away from coal. Here they love coal and won’t hear a bad word about it FFS !
angered.gif

That reason is primarily because we werent allowed to go nuclear many decades ago like the British were. Had we done that then, you'd find that we wouldn't be stuck with coal now.

Chipmunk

Coach
You want to live next to a nuclear reactor? Fine by me. But calling it renewable is a bit rich.

Once the rods are spent they have a half life of thousands of years and need to be buried and can't be used again, not really renewable.

Fair call, buts it more of a renewable source than coal or gas.

We have enough space in this country that no one really needs to live near a nuclear reactor. We also have more uranium than we know what to do with

Latest posts