What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Chipmunk

Coach
He should never have pushed to be the presidential candidate for the second four-year term.

He's 81 ffs, yes serving as President after beating Trump was a nice end career highlight, but they should have used the four years to really build up some candidates to pass the baton to for this election and the next four years. A woeful fail by Biden and whoever in his administration's really got the control and responsibility for that.
Surely they had a better candidate available even 4 years ago.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Biden has been a puppet for a very long time, more so than others. It speaks for itself and the world has seen the truth

Here is Biden seemingly agreeing that the wall shouldn't have been dismantled:

"Look, there’s so many young women who have been – including a young woman who just was murdered and he went to the funeral. The idea that she was murdered by – by – by an immigrant coming in and (inaudible) talk about that.

But here’s the deal, there’s a lot of young women who are being raped by their – by their in-laws, by their – by their spouses, brothers and sisters, by – just – it’s just – it’s just ridiculous. And they can do nothing about it. And they try to arrest them when they cross state lines."

SOURCE: The first 2024 presidential debate live simulcasted across the world, CNN Transcripts

If only he went off script more often

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers

Last edited:
???
Clinton was young and spritely
You mean Hilary having a second attempt after a previous loss. I don't think that would have worked or been the smart choice.

I just mean any Democrat was going to beat Trump after he f**ked things during his four years. So the party went with a "reward" to Biden as elder statesman - pity he wasn't happy to or didn't know when to stop, instead of trying for a second/final term.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still find it extraordinary, even mind boggling in fact, that in a country with a population of 330 million people, that these are the best two candidates that they can put forward to lead the most powerful and influential country on earth.
It's actually scary tbh.

Biden is leading the free world. He can't string a sentence together.
Trumps a bit of a nut but the better option of the two. America is going down the gurgler

Chipmunk

Coach
I believe the Democrats closest alternative then was Bernie Sanders ... another oldie, but not as bad

but he was an anti-war person ..... the people pulling the strings wouldn't have thay
Bernie is not a Democrat though, so he was never a chance...

Although having said that, Trump was never a Republican either.

ImTheMan

Juniors
You mean Hilary having a second attempt after a previous loss. I don't think that would have worked or been the smart choice.

I just mean any Democrat was going to beat Trump after he f**ked things during his four years. So the party went with a "reward" to Biden as elder statesman - pity he wasn't happy to or didn't know when to stop, instead of trying for a second/final term.
I'd take a strong economy, low inflation, an effort to combat disturbing levels of dangerous illegal immigration, no new wars, over whatever 2024 is. Same with Alboden here, except he willingly brings in more people. Very mishandled and continues to be since then, and your right anyone would have beat him because 2020 wasn't as the left like to say, "a free and fair" election. Ukraine/Afghanistan doesn't happen under Trump. $$$ for the boys, so much unnecessary life lost. It's not a game.

Oh dear.

I don't think there's any evidence at all that 2020 wasn't just as fair an election as 2016 was, for example. Didn't Trump lose every court case he attempted to bring, in his psot-election loss tanty?

ImTheMan

Juniors
Oh dear.

I don't think there's any evidence at all that 2020 wasn't just as fair an election as 2016 was, for example. Didn't Trump lose every court case he attempted to bring, in his psot-election loss tanty?
Russia helped Trump with that one remember? (Sarcasm) They hacked the brains of Americans with election interference. Oh dear, look what Russia did with the Democrats in charge and Trump in change, did they just project? Lol

Not worth to pursue it more, the long game is going to work out just fine by the looks of things. Hopefully he will actually follow through with some promises he did not last time.

Gronk

Staff member

Here lies the problem with politics in general.

Merkins will talk up and defend their team, spin the numbers that they are fine when they are not, blindly protect their leader even if he is a dud, just so their side wins.

What we and the USA are experiencing economically and others world wide are the same. Yet the spin that life was better before xxxxxxxx still gets regurgitated by people looking for their team to win at all costs. Fair enough pick your guy based on ideologies of religion, race and science. However the second anyone tries to tell me that their guy does economics better, I know that they know nothing or have stupidity drunk the cool aid.

strider

Post Whore

Yeah. He did pretty well tho to be 2nd in primaries, especially in 2016.

I think RFK Jr would beat Trump. His intellect and breadth of knowledge is light years ahead of both the current options.

But the string pullers wouldnt have him and banished him from Dem primaries, so now he is running as independent and no chance. .... again, he is a bit Trump like in that they cant totally control him.

I still dont believe Biden will run.
They are either planning on the late switcheroo so there is less time to knock the person down or struggling to find someone else willing who could beat Trump. Probably no one wants to possibly lose - wait 4 more years, paaaaause, and you get a cleaner run at prez

I predicted Biden wouldnt last his term. So he has lasted longer than i thought he would. Tho i dont know how. I guess he is the perfect puppet for them and the insane air head, cackling hyenia VP proved totally ridiculous.

ImTheMan

Juniors
But the difference is night and day? Cost of living and immigration IS something a government can control. The culture wars are a definite fun side note but half the population will disagree anyway no matter who the leader is, we don't listen to the head of state and go "yes master I have to believe in late term abortion". I'm definitely not on a team outside of culture wars I just hate hypocrisy and injustice. The climate Paris accord and the World Economic Forum are ran by international bodies that current world leaders follow.. Albo and Biden foam on their tit specifically, and every country is different we are just more reliant and follow U.S. COL was better, and will be better for the citizens of respective countries not bowing down to globalism.

You can get a house for 250k in Tokyo since you enjoy comparing random countries. That's what protectionist/nationalist low immigration policies get you.
Show me where people buy in Australia even in shit suburbs for that price in a city. Soon you might be able to rent one for five years in Sydney for that amount on current trends. You want to sit by idly while our economies burn with current policies autolocked and are happy to engage in frivolous culture wars? It is not hyperbole when Trump said in the debate their country will be finished with another 4 years of Biden and subsequently we will have a real problem (Source CNN transcripts: .https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/27/politics/read-biden-trump-debate-rush-transcript/index.html). No thanks.

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors
I also think a border wall would have been appreciated by the citizens experiencing the current economic and personal danger there, you can read about the latest assaults and murders in the CNN debate, sourced above.

*Sips whiskey*
Cheers!

Latest posts