What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Abhorrent far-right dog whistlers.

At least their UK equivalent Nigel Farage and his Reform party only got 4 seats out of the 650 on Thursday, instead of the predicted 12 (and won't make a difference against the 410 UK Labour MPs).

Bandwagon

Staff member
You are done on this topic Bandwagon. You have nothing more to offer. I'll can link you to twenty more Sydney Morning Herald articles from the past year on the immigration and shortfall in housing crisis where the hundreds off highest respected comments all pinpoint excessive immigration even on the left

For you to link me to "more", you would first need to link me to one.

This is the third or fourth post regaling us all as to what you could do.

Yet you've simply not.

So beta.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Cumwagon, since you are always up for playing the man,

Do you think you are smarter than Peter Costello?

Your inability to grasp even basic economic theories is a bit baffling, I don't think you would have the IQ of his dog. Albo also agrees with me. Again, are you well?

ImTheMan

Juniors

Not the ABC too omg :( not surprising because literally every article on the SMH while you have been under a rock on housing prices and rental prices is flooded with top rated lower the immigration intake comments. Hundreds every time.

"

"The high pace of immigration is not compatible with the level of housing supply that we have in this country. We're just not building enough homes to keep up with our population growth," AMP deputy chief economist Diana Mousina says.

"If we had enough housing supply and infrastructure that went along with very high levels of immigration, then it could become sustainable. But what we're seeing is that there's too much pressure on the rental market, and that's adding to inflation."

Now again, you dumb or troll? Or want to declare what you are invested in? :) not even most leftists agree with you anymore. I know this because I've read dozens of articles for years on the SMH on this topic. The "far right" has nothing to do with and again, Albo is doing it but far too late.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Not the ABC too omg :( not surprising because literally every article on the SMH while you have been under a rock on housing prices and rental prices is flooded with top rated lower the immigration intake comments. Hundreds every time.

"

"The high pace of immigration is not compatible with the level of housing supply that we have in this country. We're just not building enough homes to keep up with our population growth," AMP deputy chief economist Diana Mousina says.

"If we had enough housing supply and infrastructure that went along with very high levels of immigration, then it could become sustainable. But what we're seeing is that there's too much pressure on the rental market, and that's adding to inflation."

Now again, you dumb or troll? Or want to declare what you are invested in? :) not even most leftists agree with you anymore. I know this because I've read dozens of articles for years on the SMH on this topic. The "far right" has nothing to do with and again, Albo is doing it but far too late.

The next two paragraphs from that article. ........

She's not the only expert who has questioned whether these record rates of immigration are sustainable and whether the make-up of our skilled and temporary migrants is delivering the best economic gains.

About half a million migrants have come to Australia over the past year, and while immigration is not the only factor influencing rents and house prices, it adds to the already strong demand for housing.

"Not the only factor" , "Adds to the already strong demand"?

I wonder what that could possibly mean? Do you think it might mean there are other factors at play here, and those factors might be responsible for the already strong demand?

The problem here is that you're so rusted on to an idea that you willfully ignore decades of policy that has led us to where we are, this isn't a new phenomenon, it's the same problem getting worse and an opportunistic opposition leader dog whistling foreigners as the fall guy, because not to would mean accepting the reality that near a decade of failure by his government in power was a big part of bringing us to where we are today.

As for quoting Costello, LMFAO, it's under him as treasurer that this whole f**king mess took off. It's Howard / Costello policy that created the bubble we've been in since the late 90's. He's hardly gonna go back and trash his "legacy" with a bit of introspection and say hey folks, you know what, we did get that a bit wrong. Sozbye.

The following articles from 2014 through to 2022 have two distinct things in common, they all are about the rental/housing crisis, and they all were written during the term of the previous government.

April 2022 ( The Albanese government was Elected in May 2022 ) https://www.smh.com.au/property/new...vacancy-rate-falls-again-20220404-p5aap4.html

2018 https://probonoaustralia.com.au/news/2018/11/rental-affordability-hits-crisis-point-australia/

2017 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-29/national-rental-market-failing-many-australians/9205148

2016 https://www.acoss.org.au/media_rele...ome-in-bid-to-end-the-housing-crisis-by-2025/

2015 https://www.theguardian.com/austral...hit-by-affordable-housing-crisis-report-shows

2014 https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-05...sis-has-nothing-on-the-housing-crisis/5438584

So as anyone without the misfortune of displaying the memory of a goldfish can see, the current crisis is not new, it's been with us for some time, and it's just been getting progressively worse with but a small respite in Melbourne and Sydney for around 12 months or so, in which time we managed to export the problem to the regions and make it a truly nationwide clusterf**k.

And that respite was really nothing more than the problem being moved from one market to another. You blithely dismiss the rises in regional markets as being caused by internal immigration, which we know to be true, but then attribute the falls in the markets from which these people came as being caused solely by a lack of external immigration, as if the movement of people out of those markets was of little to no consequence.

Hence your dismissal of the national rises as relevant because, again like most the data, it inconveniently flies in the face of your dimwitted attempts at billboard politics. You're outta your depth here little man, but like the true beta cuck, you keep returning for more.

ImTheMan

Juniors
No questions answered, just a rabid rant from someone with a minority opinion on all sides of the spectrum who thinks he knows more than economists and those especially on the lefts lived experiences since Covid. The data on rents the past few years increases show this is not new you are conflating housing prices with rental availability and prices. Migrants more often rent or return which is why it is more impactful to rents. Albo has accepted it, espousing they will half it but not enough for those who need it now including "all races" living here already and too late. Time you do too buddy. You are also reducing the argument to absurdity, a logical fallacy. No one is saying house prices were never an issue. So your link spam from various years is just piss on a wall. Of course there are other reasons but the hyperimmigration for rents is the main one and for housing prices a fairly important part but not as impactful as the damage done in the past few years to the rental market. No one is talking about race even Costello, especially the thousands of comments on left wing websites. Where is your degree in economics when you argue against him? Sources or not qualified.

Last edited:

ImTheMan

Juniors

The problem with Harris, why she polls double digits behind Trump head to head.

Some have it even wider

ImTheMan

Juniors
Housing and rental prices and availability have always been a problem, so that means that no one has the solution and different economic conditions at any time don't change and the markets don't get objectively more worse than others. Something, something, right wing people only need housing, racism - Cumwagon School of Economics: Self Indulgent Masturbatory Theory of Supply and Demand summarized

(Satire)

*Sips Whiskey*
Cheers!

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
The data on rents the past few years increases show this is not new you are conflating housing prices with rental availability and prices.

Well no, I'm not. Despite them being interrelated, each of those articles discusses affordability in relation to rents, some also housing in general. It demonstrates that this is far from a new issue, regardless of your willful blindness.

You are also reducing the argument to absurdity, a logical fallacy. No one is saying house prices were never an issue. So your link spam from various years is just piss on a wall.

Except as above, they all discuss rental affordability. All you're doing here is closing your eyes, sticking your fingers in your ears and yelling in denial in order to avoid the evidence presented. You have literally been reduced to pretending it isn't there.

No one is talking about race

That's great mate, but I don't understand why you keep bringing it up. Do you reckon if you repeat it enough you might just create an effective strawman?

especially the thousands of comments on left wing websites.

Now whilst we're on fallacies, do I need to explain "Ad Populum" to you? ( fun fact it's also known as the Bandwagon fallacy )

Where is your degree in economics when you argue against him?

Where is Costello's? I mean seems to me if ain't got one, it's a bit silly expecting me to have one .

he No questions answered, just a rabid rant from someone with a minority opinion on all sides of the spectrum who thinks he knows more than economists and those especially on the lefts lived experiences since Covid.

Just to finish a few points about this first sentence.

Firstly: you haven't posted a question, and you have run away from addressing near every point I've made here .
Second: You are yet to post the view of even one economist who supports your position that excessive immigration is the leading cause of the housing crisis. Not one.

And Thirdly: How on earth can you assert my post is a "rabid rant" whilst doing so in a sentence so poorly constructed , in a post that contains a number of equally poorly constructed sentences, made up of a wall of text, that could be no more obvious a sign of you having bashed it out on a keyboard with your chubby little fists?

Bandwagon

Staff member
I tell you some irony. You are not allowed to mention the word bong cause it gets deleted as drug related yet METH (A much worse drug) is tolerated on here.
Not that I care just pointing it out.

I very much doubt the word "bong" in and of itself would be enough to cause a deletion. I think you would find that if that was the case then it would be due to the context in which it was used, rather than the word itself.

hindy111

Post Whore
I very much doubt the word "bong" in and of itself would be enough to cause a deletion. I think you would find that if that was the case then it would be due to the context in which it was used, rather than the word itself.

My post got deleted. I wasn't even complaining. I don't really care either way.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's made a massive difference. Labour had to move to the right to finally win an election.

That's one take.

Another is that the 2019 Corbyn led Labour got more votes than the 2024 Starmer led Labour, the massive difference was how few votes the Tories got this time around.

Labour 2019 10,269,000 Votes, 2024 9,705,000 votes

Tories 2019 13,966,000 Votes, 2024 6,827,000 Votes.

Now it's true enough to say that Labour moved to the right this election and won government, but to say that it was because of that they won government when the Tory vote collapsed to the point that they got less than half the vote they got last time is really ignoring the f**king obvious.

As is more often the case than not with a change of government, the incumbents were voted out more than their replacements were voted in.

Edit: Sources