What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

JokerEel

Coach
Well no, it's not

It's well known, and is in the public domain.

So you're saying that Americans would not say a black Jamaican is black?

That's about the dumbest thing I've read today.

I dunno I've seen some dumber things on the Internet..

If she wants to call her self a Trans to get those votes go for it..

The sheeple will vote for who they have been told to.

Gronk

Staff member

IMG_1893.jpeg

Bandwagon

Staff member
Her ancestors could of been promiscuous/ shagged about

Sure, so could have yours. Does it change how you think about where you are from?

Well no the dumbest thing was saying trump was dumb for calling her a native american

Yeah that is pretty dumb, but the difference is that's an innocent mistake, your comment was deliberate. Being deliberately dumb always trumps just being mistaken

strider

Post Whore
Sure, so could have yours. Does it change how you think about where you are from?

Yeah that is pretty dumb, but the difference is that's an innocent mistake, your comment was deliberate. Being deliberately dumb always trumps just being mistaken
Well my comment was primarily about her being raised by her indian mum ..... but yeah i admitted i likely underplayed her potential african heritage through subsequent generations in jamacia

strider

Post Whore
Sorry, I didn’t know that you were vision impaired. I really didn’t. :(
You do realise im talking about the whole logged in/ad blocker restrictions of this site, yeah? .... you are a mod. You see me flagged as an evil ad blocker

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well my comment was primarily about her being raised by her indian mum

Nah mate, your comment was about parroting the talking point that she's not a real black person.

.. but yeah i admitted i likely underplayed her potential african heritage through subsequent generations in jamacia

Yes you conceded the point when you worked out how f**king dumb your little made up factoid looked in the face of reality. And your concession to her likely African heritage was still "underplayed" "May have some african heritage in there too" isn't exactly a strong admission is it?

But look it's ok mate, you made up something really f**king dumb, to try and defend the dumb argument you were making, It happens

At least you have enough smarts to walk away from it.

strider

Post Whore
Nah mate, your comment was about parroting the talking point that she's not a real black person.

Yes you conceded the point when you worked out how f**king dumb your little made up factoid looked in the face of reality. And your concession to her likely African heritage was still "underplayed" "May have some african heritage in there too" isn't exactly a strong admission is it?

But look it's ok mate, you made up something really f**king dumb, to try and defend the dumb argument you were making, It happens

At least you have enough smarts to walk away from it.
Cool ... Bandy is the biggest dick slinging alpha male of the forum again ... normal transition has been resumed... yay

My point from my original post is she is from indian heritage with fathers side through jamaica from an irish dude involved in slavery which isnt very nice in the grand scheme of things - and that hasnt changed. I dont think thats typical black african american which they now portray her as in the interests of looking appealing for votes.

Bandwagon

Staff member
My point from my original post is she is from indian heritage with fathers side through jamaica from an irish dude involved in slavery which isnt very nice in the grand scheme of things

Stop a minute here mate and think. This comes from the following claim in an article by her father.

My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner and founder of Brown’s Town)

Now I think it fair enough to take him at his word,so all good there. But, here's also where you have to engage your brain and think about how this might come to be........

As explained by the Atlantic (here), “the overwhelming majority of African Americans have white male ancestors, largely because of white male slave owners who raped Black female slaves.”
This dark historical fact undermines the point this claim tries to make - that having a white slave-owner in her ancestry makes Harris or any African American less Black.

So no it's "not very nice" is it, I mean slavery and the trappings that go along with it were never very nice.
I dont think thats typical black african american......

Yeah, well again that's based on no evidence, it's just you accepting a GOP talking point that Harris isn't a "real black person". But as per above that makes for a lot of African Americans that aren't "real black people" by your reckoning. Or maybe you're just plain wrong?

....which they now portray her as in the interests of looking appealing for votes.

What does a "typical black African American" look like mate? What makes them typical and not Harris, what separates their shared histories? What is it that makes for her to be "portrayed as African American" but not actually be African American?

Latest posts