What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
No mate, you were competing against young professional couples (double income no kids) who combined prolly earn twice or 3 or 4 or 5 yours.

Most are little Aussie battlers just like you.

Little to do with down hill skiers spending grandpa's cash. They work just as hard as you or harder. I will tell you this, there are a lot of late twenties graduates who might earn six figures starting with 2, but they don’t dare leave the office before the partners do until like 8pm. There is a toxic culture in the big towers of the CBD and often whispered about.

How much do you think an electrician who works forself would make?
Here's a clue. Most trades make more then working professionals these days.
If I do a job out your way I also get to charge double what I'd normally charge and since I've moved into inner west I am in striking distance

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If I do a job out your way I also get to charge double what I'd normally charge and since I've moved into inner west I am in striking distance
Powerful millionaire right here people!!

Gronk

Staff member
Congratulations mate. But what you say is irrelevant to what I was talking about. You were implying that you were the struggling little aussie battler, swimming against the tide of those trust babies who don't know what life is about.

The reality check is that a) you're a single income vs a working couple in your area who also want to live in the inner west have two big incomes, and b) graduates out of uni just a few years earn what the best tradies earn.

So you shouldn't take offence. You should be proud on what you have achieved.

The trust baby thing ? Yeah it happens and the bank of mum n dad is a thing. But not as much as drunk Uncle Frank thinks it is.

What IS a 2024 thing is that empty nesters are (this totally randomly made up) downsizing in the Shire and buying in Bulli and giving the kids an early inheritance so they can get into the property market by buying a unit in Sutherland with a 30% deposit.