What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
Q: Mr Trump, something something Fentanyl - thoughts ?

Trump: Biden Biden immigrants they're bringing them in from mental asylums. People are saying. Like you've never seen before. This country is going to trash. Inflation. The world are laughing at us. Nobody comes to your rallies by the way. I get the most people at my rallies.

Q: Your time is up Mr Trump
Update

Actual trending topics on twitter.

PS. Yes he claims that Immigrants are eating people's cats n dogs. And he's back on the killing babies after they are born thing again.

1726023883548.png

Gronk

Staff member
hahaha omg...
Hey, they might still elect him !

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Mason Ramsey

strider

Post Whore
Why cos you can’t answer it ?
I will take your refusal to answer my question as - you dont think the Dems do dog whistles ...... ie us goodies dont do dog whistles, only those baddies do ..... which is pretty much a dog whistle in itself!!! Lol

TheParraboy

Staff member
anyone watching ?? ...would love to know how it's progressing?

Thought Harris was far more the president in waiting than Trump on this debate alone.

Trump seemed to just make up a lot of vulgar shit eg. like abortions can be terminated post birth if Harris is elected.

They were saying post debate along the lines , that Trumps lies do stick in a sense that it creates doubt and an image of Harris

hindy111

Post Whore
But… you’re still working through the heat of day? And it’s a lot of trades regardless of being indoor/outdoor.

There’s certainly be some levelling of wages there but higher education has taught me things outside my line of work that assists me in being able to do improve my wealth position. Put simply people who haven’t gone through that higher education are way less likely to be aware of them or less likely to fully understand them.

And are you complaining about the growth you experienced due to an imbalance in supply/demand?

A- I work indoors 90% of time....I'd hate to get home after 4. Preferably home by 3. Atleast I can do stuff with my afternoon.

B- Probably correct. But in younger generations more people have access to information I think then before.

C. I got lucky. My first property more then doubled.
Then I bought this place when covid struck and we went into lockdown.Was a huge fire sale with investors rnd here for about 8-12 weeks and I took the punt....Prices then exploded. But it was all just luck

84 Baby

Referee
A- I work indoors 90% of time....I'd hate to get home after 4. Preferably home by 3. Atleast I can do stuff with my afternoon.

B- Probably correct. But in younger generations more people have access to information I think then before.

C. I got lucky. My first property more then doubled.
Then I bought this place when covid struck and we went into lockdown.Was a huge fire sale with investors rnd here for about 8-12 weeks and I took the punt....Prices then exploded. But it was all just luck
Your answer to C indicates that you didn’t understand the B part.
Although I guess then you are correct in that you were lucky, because if you believe price movements are based on luck then you definitely got lucky.
Also with B having access to information doesn’t mean you know how to use it.

hindy111

Post Whore
I tell you how tradies make good coin. I own in a city building and we are getting lots of work done. The work has to be done between 5pm and 6am. We have one electrical job that goes for 10 weeks and we don't have a quote for under $1m. They start soon and will be finished before Xmas.

One of the other contractors who has been on the site for the past 6 months has been losing his young tradies of late because they get paid so much (working graveyard), that they are resigning and going overseas on europe trips.

I ain't working graveyard shift. I like to be home by 3pm so I can enjoy some of my DAY.
And I don't work weekends or Mondays anymore. I'm too old for that shit

Gronk

Staff member
I will take your refusal to answer my question as - you dont think the Dems do dog whistles ...... ie us goodies dont do dog whistles, only those baddies do ..... which is pretty much a dog whistle in itself!!! Lol
Putting words in my mouth isn't clever. I was giving you a golden opportunity to itemize all the transparent DWs that are being used by the DEMS so far. I never said that they aren't there.

BTW there is a huge difference between policy and ambiguity via dog whistling. Clear and direction communication is policy, empty slogans aimed at contentious issues are not.

The definition of a dog whistle is ".... refers to the use of coded language or messaging that appears benign or neutral on the surface but is meant to send a specific signal to a particular group, often without others noticing the true intent."

So maybe when Dutton talks about not bringing in people from Gaza because of "safety" he's really talking to the racists. Or when Abbott said that a YES vote in the same sex marriage plebiscite would be anti-family, he's really just talking to the homophobes." Or when Dutton was going to court to stop refugees going to hospital on the mainland “We’re seeing people at hospitals missing out on medical services because people are taking it from Nauru and Manus. Australians will be angry about that as well.” DW to the racists again.

Is, "he's a threat to democracy!" a dog whistle ? No, however it's probably hyperbole or rhetoric used to energize a base.

These are what the two parties have submitted as their election platforms via The American Presidency Project. I will be interested if you could tell me which is offering policy.

Latest posts