What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

That all all bravado. Libs vs labor. Bills were sent to labor states. Morrison turned up the heat to labor states but not libs. Meanwhile the cluster f**k of the Ruby Princess was swept under the carpet.

I said 6 months ago that any incumbent government across the world will struggle to get re-elected emerging out of a post high inflation economy. Peeps tend to be low information and punish accordingly, no matter the quality of the alternative candidate and the political persuasion. If you scan across the globe, a change in government is more common than the re-election of existing. Hard work to sell a story that you deserve another go, doesn’t matter if you are in Indonesia, Finland or Mexico.

“Low information” nice choice of words.

I can understand people being gutted by inflation. I wonder how much of it has been greedy profit taking?

TheRam

Coach
“Low information” nice choice of words.

I can understand people being gutted by inflation. I wonder how much of it has been greedy profit taking?

Especially when it is so freakin easy to fix. It's all policy created. Can be sorted in one long weekend of smart economics reset of laws and regulations. But low information public just sit and moan and whinge, instead of educating themselves and demanding change that would revolutionise all our lives for the better.

Especially when it is so freakin easy to fix. It's all policy created. Can be sorted in one long weekend of smart economics reset of laws and regulations. But low information public just sit and moan and whinge, instead of educating themselves and demanding change that would revolutionise all our lives for the better.
Us low information public, we don’t know who or what to believe.

There’s simply too many snouts in the trough and misinformation almost everywhere we turn.

And also a central problem, what is truth for some people is not truth for others.

So I got very upset when that croc was killed ( for being itself) but for other people it was necessary.

That said, there are probably some good policies such as Universal Health Cover paid for by reasonable tax levies as we currently enjoy.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
Us low information public, we don’t know who or what to believe.

There’s simply too many snouts in the trough and misinformation almost everywhere we turn.

And also a central problem, what is truth for some people is not truth for others.

So I got very upset when that croc was killed ( for being itself) but for other people it was necessary.

That said, there are probably some good policies such as Universal Health Cover paid for by reasonable tax levies as we currently enjoy.

Crumbs compared to what we should all be receiving. We are being literally raped financially and the majority don't know it or understand how exactly because they just don't want to put the effort in to find out. It's borrring!

Sure you will need to do some digging, but hey if you put the effort in, it's not that hard to work it out, just not believing any politician or shill would be a great start. Follow the money.

One tiny example below...

Democracy is not a spectator sport!

King-Gutho94

Coach
That all all bravado. Libs vs labor. Bills were sent to labor states. Morrison turned up the heat to labor states but not libs. Meanwhile the cluster f**k of the Ruby Princess was swept under the carpet.
Bravado please

There is being a bravado and there is being a smug arsehole after the fact about a situation/bill that kept a lot of NSW families of seeing dying loved ones who were in QLD.

If any political leader did the same thing i would be calling him/her a clown as well.

He is a politician at least act like one.

Crumbs compared to what we should all be receiving. We are being literally raped financially and the majority don't know it or understand how exactly because they just don't want to put the effort in to find out. It's borrring!

Sure you will need to do some digging, but hey if you put the effort in, it's not that hard to work it out, just not believing any politician or shill would be a great start. Follow the money.

Thanks I will check it out tonight.

Ps: Perhaps “ democracy” should be defined.

Gronk

Staff member
There is being a bravado and there is being a smug arsehole after the fact about a situation/bill that kept a lot of NSW families of seeing dying loved ones who were in QLD.
The bill was about QLDers flying into Sydney and being in quarantine at the Sydney Hilton before going home. Gladys sent them a cheeky bill. The grandstanding that followed by both sides was obvious, yet you can only see one side ?

Lots of borders were closed across the world. My wife lost family in France and Serbia. My best mate lost family in South Australia. Both were desperate to do what they could to be with them. Their hands were tied. Pandemics suck, yet years after, you're still playing politics like it was easy to manage.

Chipmunk

Coach
I said 6 months ago that any incumbent government across the world will struggle to get re-elected emerging out of a post high inflation economy. Peeps tend to be low information and punish accordingly, no matter the quality of the alternative candidate and the political persuasion. If you scan across the globe, a change in government is more common than the re-election of existing. Hard work to sell a story that you deserve another go, doesn’t matter if you are in Indonesia, Finland or Mexico.
ACT Government didn't seem to have any issues only a week ago.

I said prior to the last Federal Election that whoever wins, will lose in 3 years time, for the exact reasons you have outlined above. You could see this all coming even before the last election.

I still stand by that statement, but will qualify that with a move from majority to minority government still counts as a loss by the incumbent.

Hes got an excellent and interesting point, attributing individual responsibility to bad social deeds, but I think his explanation of why we aren’t getting more from our resources, might be a bit simplistic.

This country has so many energy options, available, virtually limitless. People shouldn’t be paying a 10% of what they currently are.

We are just very bad managers in the broad.

And when people want to argue about minor hate filled issues instead of the big stuff, they are pretty much ready to be mauled.

Last edited:
Just getting on to “democracy” virtually every country in the world rabbits on about how democratic they are.

In this country, everyone in an electorate could hate a certain measure, but because the rep is a member of party who might support it, the electorate are f**ked.

So not very democratic.

Or someone like me, I might like some policies of each contesting party, but I have to choose one as first preference, even if I hate their other policies.

So I want to save crocs from Queenslanders, which the greens might agree to, but I don’t want to live in a cave and wear recycled undies which could be their other policy.

The solution is to allow us to vote on issues. We could even register and do that on-line.

We could vote for croc rights, live in a house or unit and wear fresh undies.

Of course there are problems with this model,I can discuss later if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I like linguists!

Trump doesn’t place the same restrictions on himself as Harris does to herself.

Trump is unbelievably radical and you can tell at times, when he was talking to Joe, he’s already coming up with his point before Joe finishes. He’s just “shock and awe” with information relevant to promote himself.

Whereas Harris appears more sensitive.

Plus I’ve heard Trump just flat out refuse to answer questions.

I don’t think Harris’s interviewer on Fox here was especially interested in her answers. He was out to harm her.

She knew that before coming on.

Last edited:
Did Trump really allow and double down support for one of his rally speakers mocking Puerto Ricans? And in doing so write off the votes of US citizens of Puerto Rican descent who make up a proportion of eligible Latino voters that he needs to win states in the balance like Philadelphia?

Dumb move Donald.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Did Trump really allow and double down support for one of his rally speakers mocking Puerto Ricans? And in doing so write off the votes of US citizens of Puerto Rican descent who make up a proportion of eligible Latino voters that he needs to win states in the balance like Philadelphia?

Dumb move Donald.

Horrendous move. Really, really dumb. Half a million Puerto Ricans in Pennsylvania alone.

Gronk

Staff member