What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

RIP Peter Clifton, who died in August, hardly a word mentioned about it.

He was an Australian Rock music film maker, best known for his involvement with the Led Zeppelin concert film "The Song Remains the Same'. He made a lot of film clips in the late 60s for the likes of The Rolling Stones, Small Faces, Traffic, Spencer Davis Group, a doco on The Easybeats going to London, and heaps more. Also produced a feature film about Frank Sinatra touring Australia in 1974, "The Night They called it a Day", where Dennis Hopper played Sinatra.

I highly recommend a film of his titled "Popcorn, an audio visual rock thing", which is essentially a compilation of song film clips from the late 60s which includes the Stones, Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Small Faces, Traffic, Vanilla Fudge, The Bee Gees and Russell Morris. A few items can be found on You tube.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/filmmaker-close-to-absolute-icons-of-rock-20180822-p4zyyn.html

Quigs

Immortal
Bummer I was only listening to the swamp man yesterday whilst I was working on the railway.

Is there anyone left ?

R.I.P Mr TJdubyuh.

taipan

Referee
Elvis did a good job
also ,on Polk Salad Annie.
The thing that amazes me the Stones did just about everything to stuff their bodies, and they're still going strong.
The 60s and 70s where music really lived.

carcharias

Immortal
Thinking about Mic Weiley and the joint we played at the other night.
(It’s gonna be torn down soon)

A bloody awesome ex sharkie was there.
He got up and danced to our Spy vSpy cover of “ don’t tear it down”.
Respect!

He wasn't king hit.
The two knew each other and it was either a bashing and/or stabbing(s)
And carch, Angry is a pure f**kwit but no one should see their kid die this way.