What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

coolumsharkie

Referee
Everytime someone dies my childhood flashes before me. RIP Strop, famous memory is the hangover scene on the .Paul Hogan show when he made that hangover cure.

"And the secret Hoges" sheepishly looking around so no one else can hear "A spoon dipped in vegimite"

shadowboxer

First Grade
Tragic - my wife admitted when she heard the news she cried driving to work. Solid innings and just a cracking good time

Bandstand will never be the same. Hendo (Brian Henderson) has fallen off the perch.

Has anyone checked on Poppa?

Bandstand may have been quite square in its day but they had showed occassional gem. I remember seeing a clip of On the Road Again by Canned Heat on there and I'm pretty sure it was where I first saw Billy Thorpe back in his early Poison Ivy / Mashed Potato days. And it was definitely the first place I'd heard about Clearasil.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
I'm too young for the Bandstand crowd. I do remember that Nein gave him the catchiest jingle for a newsreader
"Brian told me so. I know everything I need to know cause Brain told me so.."
I think at the time Melbourne's head newsreader was also called Brian, so it was a double-whammy for them.
As soon as you heard that merkin it was with you for the next few days!

Quigs

Immortal
Funny memories I have of the early era of bandstand and unfortunately my memory can go back a long way now.

I remember watching the real early bandstand days when it was so saccharine sweet. Col Joy and the Joyboys days. Judy Stone, 'me' mum loved Rob E Gee. Pre those long haired unkempt hoodlums ..... who didn't wash.

The pre brit invasion days.

Bandstand may have been quite square in its day but they had showed occassional gem. I remember seeing a clip of On the Road Again by Canned Heat on there and I'm pretty sure it was where I first saw Billy Thorpe back in his early Poison Ivy / Mashed Potato days. And it was definitely the first place I'd heard about Clearasil.
Wasnt it first big break for the brothers Gibb as well ? Maybe Peter Allen too ?

Quigs

Immortal
I remember seeing the Bee Gees live.

It was at Miranda Fair.

And I think I saw the Allen Bros at the Gymea Record Shop. It was in a little downstairs shop on the southern side of the railway station.

It is a vague memory indeed. I am pretty sure Peter Allen was there. Bit like a very very poor mans version of the Righteous Bros.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I remember seeing the Bee Gees live.

It was at Miranda Fair.

And I think I saw the Allen Bros at the Gymea Record Shop. It was in a little downstairs shop on the southern side of the railway station.

It is a vague memory indeed. I am pretty sure Peter Allen was there. Bit like a very very poor mans version of the Righteous Bros.

The Vinyl Room?