What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Dead hard rockers week

RIP Jerry Miller, guitarist in legendary late 60s San Franciscan band Moby Grape. Robert Plant is a big fan of theirs and has covered several of their songs. The NME obituary says Eric Clapton reckoned he was one of the best guitarists in the world. I liked his dual/ trio lead work with the other guitarists Peter Lewis and Skip Spence.

I am also quite a fan of the late John Mayall. I didn't get to see him until about 2010 down in Launceston, but he was terrific. He blew a mean harmonica, which I thought was amazing for a 76 year old. Room to Move was one of the highlights of the show.

Quigs

Immortal
I saw Mayall at the State Theatre (1972), it was the jazz blues fusion tour when I was but a teenager. I think it was Feddie Robinson on guitar.

TRUE STORY. On the day of the concert I was playing league in the Shire and I dislocated my kneecap. I ended up with plaster from my groin to ankle.

I still made it to the concert that night and had to put my leg between the seats in front of me and resting on the armrests. The patrons in front were very understanding.

Memories gone on when and where I saw Mayall the second time. Might of been the Hordern Pav, not sure. I got to watch some great bluesmen over those years, mostly at the Hordern Pavilion. (Just checked he did the Hordern in 73)

Even had McKinley Morganfield lay some skin on me ((shook my hand)) as he sung 'Got my Mojo working' pssst for the youngens Mckinley is Muddy Waters.

Jazz-Blues-Fusion-1000x600.jpg

Latest posts