What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Eden Park

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Hey guys

Did anyone manage to get down to the unveiling of the new Eden Park at all today?

Went down, gold coin donation, spent about 5 or 6 dollars on food/drink. Took the girlfriend down and had an absolute blast.

We met the entire Auckland Aces squad (including Scott Styris) and got all their autographs. Also met All-Whites striker Rory Fallon.

Managed to get autographs and pictures with; Richard Kahui, Shane Cameron as well as a couple with some Kiwis in 'em. Lance Hohaia, Benny Matulino and another forward whom i can't actually remember the name of (perhaps i could upload it so someone could help me out?). Also a lady who was sat next to Cameron who was signing things as well, i have no idea who she was but didnt wanna ask :lol:

The were many more players, i managed to see Benji and Sammy Perrett however didn't get the chance to speak to them as management were calling them away.

There was also a load of Auckland Blues players there (most notably All-blacks winger Joe Rokoco), as well as newly appointed Auckland Mayor, Len Brown and the PM. (missed them both as we came an hour late, but didn't really care tbh)

Got the chance to look around the changing sheds and coaches box etc. Was a great day out. Anyone else go? if so, thoughts?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
grey and functional. exciting it is not.

it'll do for the four nations and the rugbyheads, but i'd rather stay in penrose.

JAG

Juniors
Eden Park? Can't stand the place. I don't care how comfortable the new chairs are or what colour the new paint scheme is. Have they improved parking? Have they made it easier to get to? Have they moved the stands nearer to the pitch? Mt Smart is a far better place to watch league than Eden Park will ever be.

Skinner

Coach
Seriously, the best stadium in Auckland to watch league is Nth Harbour Stadium.

Mt Smart is a cold, soul-less pile of concrete.

JAG

Juniors
Seriously, the best stadium in Auckland to watch league is Nth Harbour Stadium.

Mt Smart is a cold, soul-less pile of concrete.

Hmm.Yeah but it's OUR soul-less pile of concrete! North Harbour is alright but I much prefer Mt Smart

shiznit

Coach
i hate eden park... ive watched plenty of test matches there... but its a dinosaur of a ground.

ill have a look at it in the 4 Nations.

Mt Smart & North Harbour are okay i guess... hardly anything special.

Waikato Stadium is by far the best stadium in NZ to watch a game of Rugby/League.

then the Cake Tin.

i must confess that i do live in Hamilton... but to even it out i actually hate most things Waikato...

Hamilton really have there sh*t together when it comes to stadiums... even the cricket ground is pretty good.... its got short boundary's with a fast outfield on a belter of a pitch.

a wonderful ground to watch cricket on.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I went to Eden Park on the weekend and I honestly can't see how they've added 15,000 to the capacity. It looks as though they've lost almost as many seats by removing the terraces as they've gained with the new stand.

Latest posts