What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Foxtel FoxSports / Kayo /Ch9 + NRL TV Rights

Hdmi from laptop?

Ive been considering ditching foxtel and would get kayo ... but i would want to stream it with chromecast or something
Yeah. My Chromecast was first generation I think. I have second generation on another TV so probably should have tried that. And I think they're selling third generation now. I'd be pretty confident they'd work. Casting would better as with HDMI you're just screen mirroring so can't use the laptop at same time.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah. My Chromecast was first generation I think. I have second generation on another TV so probably should have tried that. And I think they're selling third generation now. I'd be pretty confident they'd work. Casting would better as with HDMI you're just screen mirroring so can't use the laptop at same time.
I have a 1st gen chromecast plugged into my tv ... seems to work but ive not tried kayo obviously ... only youtube and stan

But i got a newer chromecast late last year. No idea if its 2nd or 3rd. Got it from woolies shopping points

Or maybe there is a way to use the device at the same time, but I can't be arsed finding out atm. It hasn't f**ked up once and it's still live. Just hope it does the same during games.

I have a 1st gen chromecast plugged into my tv ... seems to work but ive not tried kayo obviously ... only youtube and stan

But i got a newer chromecast late last year. No idea if its 2nd or 3rd. Got it from woolies shopping points
Cool. I think they still give you a couple of weeks free trial so you can see if it works before paying for it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Configure dual monitors rather than mirroring. Then you can stream Kayo on one screen while still dickarsing around on the other.

Latest posts