What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

It’s funny how you are the first to defend these freaks but when they openly mock normal people with religious beliefs you stay on their float.

#rainbowwarrior
I'm not defending ole mate here and nor am I making a judgement on a ceremony I've not seen though by the sounds of it I'd probably deem it unnecessary..buuut It does go to DEMONstrate how ooozing too much Christianity can make someone loose focus from their core beliefs of love, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, acceptance.e.tc. e.t.c.

If it's sole purpose was to hold a mirror up to the likes of people like that, I might be all for it.

Avenger

Immortal
I'm not defending ole mate here and nor am I making a judgement on a ceremony I've not seen though by the sounds of it I'd probably deem it unnecessary..buuut It does go to DEMONstrate how ooozing too much Christianity can make someone loose focus from their core beliefs of love, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, acceptance.e.tc. e.t.c.

If it's sole purpose was to hold a mirror up to the likes of people like that, I might be all for it.
The world was a better place when Christian values were upheld and not mocked. Much better. I’ve lived both and give me the 80/90’s values than the garbage we have to put up with now. It’s like an extreme gay version of Revenge of the Nerds and I don’t like it.

If anyone disagrees, oh well. I’m still in the overwhelming majority.

Last edited:
The world was a better place when Christian values were upheld and not mocked. Much better. I’ve lived both and give me the 80/90’s values than the garbage we have to put up with now. It’s like an extreme gay version of Revenge of the Nerds and I don’t like it.

If anyone disagrees, you can go f**k yourself. I’m still in the overwhelming majority.
Go and read every post you have made today and highlight any "Christian values" you can find there and please repost below. Actually, do it for your entire posting history without using the orthodox Easter redemptions in the Shit List (that's just you playing God! hahaha) and then I might take you seriously.

Avenger

Immortal
Go and read every post you have made today and highlight any "Christian values" you can find there and please repost below. Actually, do it for your entire posting history without using the orthodox Easter redemptions in the Shit List (that's just you playing God! hahaha) and then I might take you seriously.
I edited my post FFS. Why did you keep the old one?

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Dang that NRL commentator doing the swimming is the worst. Horrible. He sounds like Brick (anchorman) How do people get these jobs?

He's ok compared to other commentary on the 9 coverage. Listening to the hockey, sounded like they got a guy from uni.

Gone are the days when we had Bruce and Sandy on 7,m instead we have to put up with Karl who is so disinterested.

I just watched the opening ceremony as a whole via the app - well three hours so far, up to the raising of the olympic flag bit.

The supposed "last supper" bit was merely a scene change pose that lasted all of two seconds when not in slomo. And the apparent "wardrobe malfunction" was just a hole in the dude's stocking that was clearly visible earlier on.

Hilarious that some people are being revved up by conservative media - and the church themselves - to get upset about any of it.

I actually really rate the creativity of this ceremony - once you get over the shock of it not being the standard "inside-a-stadium" version of an opening ceremony we're all used to (and bored by) by now.

It opens the door for future hosts to do their ceremonies more imaginatively to showcase their city, not restricted to the confines of a boring stadium.

I'm sure we'll get that type of ceremony for the closing one, where Paris more formally hands over to Los Angeles. Surely Hollywood will take up the creative baton....

JokerEel

Coach
I actually really rate the creativity of this ceremony - once you get over the shock of it not being the standard "inside-a-stadium" version of an opening ceremony we're all used to (and bored by) by now.

It opens the door for future hosts to do their ceremonies more imaginatively to showcase their city, not restricted to the confines of a boring stadium.

I'm sure we'll get that type of ceremony for the closing one, where Paris more formally hands over to Los Angeles. Surely Hollywood will take up the creative baton....

I like the traditional way of walking into the stadium..

Nothing stopping them showcasing their city..

Also Paris can get f**ked they can't even clean up the water to host the triathlon...

hindy111

Post Whore
Freaks, eh ?

Well I would rather hug an old tart, than whinge like an old fart.

#oldfart

Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. It is only fair.
But when I see a grown man with a full beard and hairy legs walking around in short dress with a handbag and lippy on I have to turn around and try not to laugh. I find it funny. Maybe I'm a bad person I don't know but it spins me out