What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Gronk

Staff member
Would you let your daughter fight it??

What a surprise you have no problem at all with it.
I have said a lot about this today and clearly you have taken zero notice of it.

The fact that you are calling her "it", signals to me that we're best to leave this convo here.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have said a lot about this today and clearly you have taken zero notice of it.

The fact that you are calling her "it", signals to me that we're best to leave this convo here.
So you would allow your daughter in the ring???

You have said a lot about this topic today but as usual zero common sense.

When ideology is more important than the safety of athletes. Good to see you are fine with domestic violence.

Gronk

Staff member
So you would allow your daughter in the ring???

You have said a lot about this topic today but as usual zero common sense.

When ideology is more important than the safety of athletes. Good to see you are fine with domestic violence.
Nothing I posted today lacks common sense. If you think so, then which bit ?

There is no ideology or DV involved in this topic, so stop peddling bullshit.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You still wont answer if you would let your daughter get into the ring with them you f**king coward. But you think it’s fine for other women to have to do the same.

Gronk

Staff member
You still wont answer if you would let your daughter get into the ring with them you f**king coward. But you think it’s fine for other women to have to do the same.
I will answer that after you watch this or even the first 5 minutes, so you have an understanding of what the real situation is. It's about an aussie girl who got a surprise.

The only f**king cowards in this conversation are the people who prefer to stay ignorant.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Go domestic violence go!!

Bet you didn’t even watch the fight, keep avoiding the question. Egotistical hypocritical know it all shit stain.

King-Gutho94

Coach
The Matilda's are seriously the most overrated national team we have. They have literally won nothing. But we are lead to believe there are the best thing happening in Australian sport.
Compare the Matildas to the Women's Australian Cricket team who have won World Cups in both formats, Ashes series, Gold Medals at Commonwealth Games about 3 or 4 times over in the past 20 years.

And they have individuals who have dominated the world in a team sport for over decade.

The Argument will be SFA countries are involved in cricket compared to Soccer.

But its like 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 to the women's cricket team atm as who is the best national side with the female sports.

84 Baby

Referee
The Matilda's are seriously the most overrated national team we have. They have literally won nothing. But we are lead to believe there are the best thing happening in Australian sport.
I think yes and no. It may be tad misogynistic but women’s sport is more successful in appealing to kids. And kids definitely overrate things, but in a good way. Unconditional support. As jaded Eels supporters it’s something we sadly can’t recall having

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Were you talking to me?

Robert De Niro Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Nutz

Bench
Would you let your daughter fight it??

What a surprise you have no problem at all with it.
Sorry I haven't read all the posts but any stuff ups eg. opening ceremony, boxing etc has to fall on the shoulders of the IOC.
They should know exactly what's going to occur and give it the stamp of approval.
There should not be any potential controversy that could tarnish the future of the games.
Robots competing may compete if we're not careful ;)

Frankus

Juniors
interesting

I also heard a swimmer interviewed about Thorpie, why is he so fast ?

his muscle definition is very subtle (how it was described) and his body floats higher in the water giving him less drag which I guess is also an unfair advantage, conversely with coloured athletes with their fast twitch muscles have an advantage on the track but as you'll notice they don't swim too well as they float much lower in the water due to their muscle structure
Thorpe could have competed in a lot more events at world level than he actually did. He would have been super competitive in the 100 & 200back, 400IM and 200 fly if he had focused on them as part of his training regime in addition to the freestyle events. I had heard of some of his exploits where he performed "get out" swims to finish training early, wagering if I break 2mins for the 200 fly or swim under 4.20 for the 400IM I can get out now, and he would proceed to do so. These may not seem that impressive given the winning Olympic times for each event, but in full, heavy training he could just smash these times out and they were not even his pet events. Incredible talent.

I personally think he is the greatest male freestyle swimmer of all time. He could also have been spoken about in the realms of greatness that Phelps is, considering he was only 18 at Sydney, 22 at Athens and would have been in his physical prime by Beijing at 26 where I have no doubt he would have won the 400m free had he been fit.