What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

So our mens basketballers finish 3rd in the group, but scrape through to the quarterfinals as the highest 3rd placed team among the three groups...?

*Unless Spain beat Canada and push us to 4th in the group, and unless there's some f**kery in Group C and South Sudan beat Serbia.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
So our mens basketballers finish 3rd in the group, but scrape through to the quarterfinals as the highest 3rd placed team among the three groups...?

*Unless Spain beat Canada and push us to 4th in the group, and unless there's some f**kery in Group C and South Sudan beat Serbia.

We ended up second lucky

Chipmunk

Coach
Cam McEvoy - redemption and rewriting the sport
I was surprised someone who only swims in 50 metre events previously swam 80 kilometres a week in training for fitness. That makes f**k all sense to me and I'm surprised it took this long to work it out that it was f**ken pointless.

Your entire competition is essentially 3 x 22 second bursts where you likely don't have to even take breath (according to this article - https://theraceclub.com/aqua_note/energy-systems-and-how-to-breathe-to-swim-faster/#:~:text=For example, in 50-meter,only slow the athlete down.)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I was surprised someone who only swims in 50 metre events previously swam 80 kilometres a week in training for fitness. That makes f**k all sense to me and I'm surprised it took this long to work it out that it was f**ken pointless.

Your entire competition is essentially 3 x 22 second bursts where you likely don't have to even take breath (according to this article - https://theraceclub.com/aqua_note/energy-systems-and-how-to-breathe-to-swim-faster/#:~:text=For example, in 50-meter,only slow the athlete down.)
He used to swim that many km's when he swum the 100m.

T-Boon

Coach

What does he actually do training wise? Can someone bullet point it. (No more than 4 bullet points. Keep it tight and concise).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

most 50m swimmers will only breathe once or nunce as turning the head sideways slows them slightly and these guys are pretty fit so breathing is optional

Chipmunk

Coach
What does he actually do training wise? Can someone bullet point it. (No more than 4 bullet points. Keep it tight and concise).

Typical Training Structure​

A 50m freestyle swimmer's training typically involves:
  • High-intensity intervals: Short, fast bursts of swimming followed by short rest periods.
  • Dryland training: Strength and power exercises to complement swimming.
  • Technique drills: Focusing on improving stroke efficiency.

Key Training Components​

• Volume: The total amount of swimming completed in a session or week. For 50m freestyle, volume is generally lower than for endurance events but still important for building a base.
  • Intensity: The effort level of the workout. High-intensity intervals are crucial for developing speed and power.
  • Frequency: The number of training sessions per week.
  • Recovery: Adequate rest is essential for adaptation and preventing overtraining.

Example Training Session​

A typical training session might include:
  • Warm-up: Easy swimming, drills, and dynamic stretches.
  • Main set: High-intensity intervals, such as 8 x 50m at maximum speed with short rest periods.
  • Cool-down: Easy swimming and static stretches.
Note: The specific training load will vary depending on the swimmer's age, experience, and goals. A well-structured training plan will gradually increase intensity and volume over time to optimize performance.

Importance of Monitoring​

To effectively manage training load, it's essential to monitor:
  • Heart rate: To assess intensity and recovery.
  • RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion): To gauge subjective effort.
  • Performance data: To track progress and identify areas for improvement.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree. Mismatched boxers should reconsider getting in the ring.

lol so now it's the victims fault, now she's just mismatched. Of course she is she is fighting someone with much higher testosterone and traces of X and Y Chromosomes you are a deadset nutter. It's all about your ideology and nothing else.

Still never answered the question wether you would allow your daughter to get in the ring with them you coward.

Gronk

Staff member
lol so now it's the victims fault, now she's just mismatched. Of course she is she is fighting someone with much higher testosterone and traces of X and Y Chromosomes you are a deadset nutter. It's all about your ideology and nothing else.

Still never answered the question wether you would allow your daughter to get in the ring with them you coward.
I’d let my daughter kick you in the balls.

A bit of Aussie common sense, being spoken by someone who knows what boxing is all about.

“I’ve actually fought and sparred both of the girls. They were born female. They were born with an XY chromosome, which is the male chromosome, but they were born with female bodies, they have the physical attributes of a female,” she said.

“They have grown up as girls, as females, as women. They have competed as women the whole time. These are not naturally born men who have decided to call themselves women or identify as women to fight women in the Olympics.

“And while it is a bit of a grey area, I think the abuse and the power of the media, and people just jumping on the bandwagon without knowing all the details, is honestly horrible.

“These girls have represented their country on numerous occasions for many, many years now as female fighters, and they do not deserve this mistreatment. I think they have been so unfortunate to even be in the situation that they’re in and to get all this scrutiny as well.”

Nicolson said that if it was so dangerous for women to be squaring off against Lin and Khelif, they would not have been routinely beaten by women throughout their careers and would be winning every event they entered.

“I feel like that says it all,” she said.

She also took aim at Carini, who has since offered Khelif an apology for her conduct and admitted she was merely “angry” because she had ended her run at the Olympics.

“I feel like the thing that happened with the Italian girl was a publicity stunt more than anything,” Nicolson said.

“I just think people really need to, like, look at the facts and stop jumping on the bandwagon. Be a lion, not a sheep.”

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: