What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 - 26/7 to 11/8

Suitman

Post Whore
Well I didn't know. Foxsports and all the media outlets are making out it's a man. It isn't ignorance and we aren't dills . Im sure you where not having a go at all of us. But some of us are busy people ( I just worked 14 days straight) and don't go researching it to much so rely on foxsports and the news right? If anything shame on them not us.
I'm not blaming those that aren't informed, but at the same time, people need to get facts straight before forming an opinion.
Basically, social media is f**ked.
Don't believe everything you read. Do some research first.
That is specifically not aimed at you btw.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well I didn't know. Foxsports and all the media outlets are making out it's a man. It isn't ignorance and we aren't dills . Im sure you where not having a go at all of us. But some of us are busy people ( I just worked 14 days straight) and don't go researching it to much so rely on foxsports and the news right? If anything shame on them not us. We aren't reporting it.
My only question is why was she banned from the boxing federation?

Yep, and that is a big problem - the media are carrying on, labelling her a man.

If you weren't following the situation closely, you wouldn't know any better.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think comparing an advantage of being able to run faster, jump higher, see better is incredibly different to a physical advantage of being able to physically dominate another and in this case physically beat them .... pretty ridiculous comparison tbh

It's a complicated issue.

Should the Algerian boxer - a naturally-born female, with some generic traits that give her an advantage in a contact sport - not be allowed to compete at all?

And I understand that some people (not anyone on this forum, that I have seen) are stating she should be competing against men.

Well, wouldn't the same situation rear its ugly head - the only difference now is that the Algerian boxer would likely be the victim in that scenario?

The thing is, as well, is that the Algerian boxer could be the hardest striker women's boxing has ever seen - that, in itself, doesn't mean she is unbeatable.

It would be up to her opponent to use their speed/stamina/fitness/technique advantage to wear hear opponent down.

The Italian boxer just wasn't very good, to be honest.

But, as I said - it's a complex issue, and I definitely understand both sides of the argument.

We, as a sporting society, need to think about what the best way to go forward is - banning female athletes with genetic differences is not fair to them; having athletes without those differences have to face them is probably not fair, either.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm glad I don't have to make that call.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well I didn't know. Foxsports and all the media outlets are making out it's a man.

That's the problem. False media for clicks. Foxsports. Lol.
And, I take offence to the fact you said "it's a man". This is a person. She is not an "it's".
This person is a human. WTF are you on about referring to someone like that?
Sorry mate, but that's just how I feel the way this world is turning.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not blaming those that aren't informed, but at the same time, people need to get facts straight before forming an opinion.
Basically, social media is f**ked.
Don't believe everything you read. Do some research first.
That is specifically not aimed at you btw.

Yes I know it isn't aimed at me. Media love a good story.
I don't have social media cause I find it full of rubbish.

My question is simple. Why is she raising alarm bells? Her banning from boxing IBF seemed more a Russian / racism thing trying to protect their own fighters perfect record.

Anyhows I am more concerned about our own boxer Charlie senior

Suitman

Post Whore
It's a complicated issue.

Should the Algerian boxer - a naturally-born female, with some generic traits that give her an advantage in a contact sport - not be allowed to compete at all?

And I understand that some people (not anyone on this forum, that I have seen) are stating she should be competing against men.

Well, wouldn't the same situation rear its ugly head - the only difference now is that the Algerian boxer would likely be the victim in that scenario?

The thing is, as well, is that the Algerian boxer could be the hardest striker women's boxing has ever seen - that, in itself, doesn't mean she is unbeatable.

It would be up to her opponent to use their speed/stamina/fitness/technique advantage to wear hear opponent down.

The Italian boxer just wasn't very good, to be honest.

But, as I said - it's a complex issue, and I definitely understand both sides of the argument.

We, as a sporting society, need to think about what the best way to go forward is - banning female athletes with genetic differences is not fair to them; having athletes without those differences have to face them is probably not fair, either.

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm glad I don't have to make that call.

You are spot on, but unfortunately there are clowns here who will play the gender card and ignore all the facts, while in the meantime believing everything that the crazy MSM report.
It blows my mind that some so-called intelligent people can be so ignorant about such subjects.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You are spot on, but unfortunately there are clowns here who will play the gender card and ignore all the facts, while in the meantime believing everything that the crazy MSM report.
It blows my mind that some so-called intelligent people can be so ignorant about such subjects.

Agreed.

I also can't stand that the media are happily calling her a man, and getting away with it.

Suitman

Post Whore
Agreed.

I also can't stand that the media are happily calling her a man, and getting away with it.

It has been proven that she wasn't. Simples.
And it has also been proven that some of the previous comments on here have been an embarrassment to those that made them and they have been proven to have jumped to MSM false info conclusions.
How embarrassment for those clowns.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It has been proven that she wasn't. Simples.
And it has also been proven that some of the previous comments on here have been an embarrassment to those that made them and they have been proven to have jumped to MSM false info conclusions.
How embarrassment for those clowns.

Completely agree.

And comments from the Irish boxer that beat Khelif for the gold medal kind of prove that the Italian boxer was just a sook - the Irish lass stated that Khelif has been beaten by 9 boxers previously.

hindy111

Post Whore
That's the problem. False media for clicks. Foxsports. Lol.
And, I take offence to the fact you said "it's a man". This is a person is not an "it's".
This person is a human. WTF are you on about referring to someone like that?
Sorry mate, but that's just how I feel the way this world is turning.

Yes I know she is human. My apologies for offending and referring to someone as a man.

Gronk

Staff member
I think comparing an advantage of being able to run faster, jump higher, see better is incredibly different to a physical advantage of being able to physically dominate another and in this case physically beat them .... pretty ridiculous comparison tbh
Who “compared” ? I didn’t. I merely pointed out that there different genetic advantages. There seems to be only one genetic advantage that some people are focused on at the moment however.

The whole culture war thing is getting way out of hand. And the people who participate in it, knowing the truth but doubling down on it, are just arseholes.

This athlete has been called a man by MAGA incels.

JokerEel

Coach
Who “compared” ? I didn’t. I merely pointed out that there different genetic advantages. There seems to be only one genetic advantage that some people are focused on at the moment however.

The whole culture war thing is getting way out of hand. And the people who participate in it, knowing the truth but doubling down on it, are just arseholes.

This athlete has been called a man by MAGA incels.

She is hilarious!