What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Head Noise - James Graham podcast

island pro

Juniors
Just watched the 7 spotlight on concussion, focused on Mario Fenech. Holy shit. I've always been one of the 'games gone too soft' brigade, but this has made me seriously reconsider my stance. Loved laughing at him on the footy show years ago, but cried my way through this one. Raised some seriously complex questions for me that I previously had thought were simple.

Weaponhead

Coach
Just watched the 7 spotlight on concussion, focused on Mario Fenech. Holy shit. I've always been one of the 'games gone too soft' brigade, but this has made me seriously reconsider my stance. Loved laughing at him on the footy show years ago, but cried my way through this one. Raised some seriously complex questions for me that I previously had thought were simple.
It's not nice seeing people with early onset. Had an aunt die from it at 66 who was gone at 60.

Fact is anyone who earns a living doing physical work is likely to be stuffed at retirement. No one gives a f**k that tilers can't walk with shot knees.

The game has to take precautions to protect players. Players have to know the risks and make their own choices. Life has a 100% fatality rate. May as well make the most of it whilst you can. If that means playing footy to set up your family and running the risk of damage, that's a choice many will make.